Dynamic EFI or Fast

wich one

• Dynamic EFI

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Fast

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

turbot-ttop

trying to figure out which way to go I know the fast id more $ but what are the pros and cons of each .

Features being added to both systems all of the time, so it really just comes down to personal preference regarding which system you feel is more user friendly, easier to install, and cost efficient...

Who will support that system? Plenty of tech help available with a FAST system, not so with many others.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Dynamic EFI will support that system, if that's what you are asking?

No. What I think he means is that XFI is widely used in the Turbo Buick community and that with so many people using it you have a great deal of support and comparison data with other TB owners.

Also, specific Turbo Buick help with set-up will come with XFI purchase from one of our regular supporting vendors.

I have to disagree. The simplicity of installing a Dynamic EFI system utilizing the stock harness is the only technical advice needed, and even that is essentially very easy for the beginning tuner. It took me literally ten minutes to install mine, half of which was time spent pulling the old ECM down because of the way GM installed it, and my engine was running once the key started. Most, if not all questions that I come across regarding XFI has to do with installation, even the tuning issues spring from something that is not installed properly, or not reading properly. Real tuning advice in itself is a given, and from what I see, many don't even delve into that realm mainly to keep "their" tuning a secret, which is why you won't see bins being posted by the tuner giving the advice, they will just ask to read yours and give their opinion. This is also where the starter bins come into play. Both come with starting tune's, although Dynamic EFI is a little more precise with the bins you are provided with, as they are GM specific...

The instructions for the Dynamic EFI are in full, they are missing nothing whatsoever, and there are two threads dedicated to installing and tuning Dynamic EFI's SFI-6, and questions are responded to immediately. As far as the tuning goes, even Dusty would agree, that flashing in one of the many provided bins, then if need be setting injector flow size (if different from 28#), setting cubic inch displacement size (if different from 231), and setting SA including base and idle state (if bigger cam) takes minutes, if not seconds to do, and the engine will fire right up. You can even set the VE to Learn Mode if you want to dial it in all the way for the greatest drive-ability. Both systems offer this, but again, it's about personal preference in reference to which system you feel is more user friendly, easier to install, and cost efficient...

I'm not familiar with dynamic system so won't make any comparisons. I would disagree that the dynamic starting tunes are more precise. Every xfi we sell comes with custom startup tunes I build specifically for the customer. I then INSTALL them into the xfi before it ships along with any special wiring (2step, eDash, NOS, thumbwheel, etc..). 9 times out of 10 the customer can just start driving and let the additive learning do the rest.

I looked over the system site quickly. What's the advantage of this system over a stock ECM with WBo2 control?

Some of the main benefits over the stock ECM w/WB control are the flag sets in which you maintain full resolution throughout 1-Bar, 2-Bar and 3-Bar kpa because it can utilize more than one MAP sensor if you want, as the the coding was written to essentially switch back and forth, depending on the data received, to maintain maximum efficiency throughout driving loads. The main factor of course when comparing it to the stock ECM is that the user doesn't have to worry about burning chips, or swapping chips, or removing the ECM once it is installed, you just hook up your USB cable, select a bin, or modify a bin, change what you need in a matter of seconds, and flash it in through the WUD display, a display which comes with access to every piece of data needed. The designer who wrote the firmware for this system is the same designer who created most if not all of the XDF files way back when the tuning craze started, and has impeccable knowledge, and provides the most complete technical advice you could ask for. The provided bins are based on the actual GM bins. I'm sure he will come across this thread and will delve into it further, as I have only scratched the surface, especially with the individual coil pack system which he created, in which employs typical LSX coils for ease of access whenever one is needed down the road. The system comes with full wideband, wastegate, alky control, etc, controls smog equipment if need be, all bases were covered...

Chris provided a sweet pic of the CnP...

imageuploadedbyturbobuick1416764082-913322-jpg.240666

Last edited:
I've done some reading on Dynamic and believe it to be every bit as capable as XFI. However, I only use a computer to write to this forum and tune. So, when I need tuning advise I pick up the phone. You guys remember the phone........................ don't you?

And it helps when I can call another Buick guy at 11:00 at night on a Tuesday and ask him "why the f@#K does the damned O2 jump around so much?!" You see, I don't know anyone with a Dynamic. And if I did, I'm sure he would hang up on me while yelling "Go to sleep!"

At least with XFI, I can just call another Buick guy and wake him up too. It will be a long time before I run out of phone numbers.

The days of burning chips have been gone with the latest chips. You can make fueling and timing adjustments and use WBo2 control. It looks like he's taken some sort of stock ECU and tunes it with something similar HP tuners.

What does a system cost?

The complete SFI-6 system costs $520.00 (click link below, includes features)...

http://dynamicefi.com/EBL_SFI6_Flash.php

The firmware is set up to utilize the majority of the stock Grand National harness, this is why it essentially looks like a stock ECM, and when I say most of the harness... meaning some of the pins need be moved to lose the MAF, and incorporate the MAP system. What is inside of the SFI-6 ECM though is light years ahead in terms of features and tune-ability. System upgrades are provided on the website, in fact, I just upgraded the EBL-P4 (which is the V8 TPI version of SFI-6) recently and was given full alky control in the newest XDF file written, making upgrading new and enhanced features an absolute breeze. Tuning software used is TunerPro V5, for example, here is my latest alky control, this XDF is for a multiport V8 flagged to run a 2-Bar, the tree to the left of the screen shows the selections to choose from, and they are many covering all areas...;

AlkyInjection-1_zpsnfojotiy.jpg

Last edited:
I have not used the FAST system, so I really cannot add much contrast, however, I will try and help the OP with the decision making. First of all, if the OP asked this same question on the LV Buicks page, then I will repeat what I stated on that page: It depends on your goals, how much you want to spend, and if you want to learn how to tune yourself. I understand that most aftermarket systems require the end user to learn how to tune, or with the proliferation of the FAST systems, find someone to tune it for you. The SFI6 seems to be gaining some popularity, and the code used with this system is derived from the same base code as the EBL, AFAIK, so other EBL users can help tune out a bug or diagnose any other anomalies encountered. There is a following at the TGO, which is where Streetlethal also helps other EBL users tune their cars, so the OP can explore other EBL topics over there as well. The SFI 6 uses a factory ECM found in late 80's Buick powered cars, but modified with EBL board, and can be installed either by the end user or Dynamic EFI staff. There are also is ADC 0-5v channels that can be added to the datastream, i.e.; WBO2, EGT(s), fuel pressure transducer, or pretty much anything else that uses 0-5v, AFAIK. The SFI 6 can also drive an alky system, like SL stated, which is what I use as well. Alkycontrol has a very nice kit, but I prefer the DIY approach, so I bought a basic alky kit without a controller and used the SFI6 to control the pump, so far it works really well, although I only spent one day tuning it so far. Also it can use the factory boost solenoid if needed. Also, SMOG stuff like CCP, and EGR can be used if needed, just in case. VE learn can be used to dial in the off boost VE table, with either BLM or WBO2. Higher resolution tables as opposed to a basic bin definition, but I don't see very many DIY chip burners on this board. The price is right for me, and I know I can get a question answered fairly quickly by another EBL user, and the Dynamic EFI staff, so support is fairly robust, IMHO. Feel free to explore the dynamic EFI page for information, and ask any questions for clarification, you can also browse the SFI6 topics in this forum, one of which is my own. HTH!