Dyno day with the Ricketts boys and Cal Hartline

ttypewhite

Wanted to take this opportunity to thank Cal for a awesome time and some great tuning. This is our second time with Cal up here tuning on our cars. First up to bat was Senior (My Dad) with his GN. Basic combo is a 109 stroker motor, roller cam, aluminum heads, 95lb, 71 HPS 4 bolt turbo, RJC 4" exh with Lonnie's Killer 200R4 tranny. On C16 we made 640hp @ 24.5 psi and 18 degrees timing. At 28 psi we made 708 @ 650ft and the ol Boy was happy to exceed his expectations and called it quits even with me telling him to try 30psi and see that 750hp number, because it was picking up 22.6hp per pound of boost. By far the most impressive of us all. Video below.
640hp
708hp

Next was my time up to bat. First pass with pump gas and alky at 26psi was 731hp @ 670ft with a 96% duty cycle........... Not cool. My fuel pump was not up to the task of delivering any favorable results. Tried C16 and turned it up a bit only to hit a 100% duty cycle and got the wave from Cal to abort. It made 741hp @ 685ft at 5500rpm.
731hp
741hp aborted run

My brother finally listened to me and bought Razors dual alky kit. He is the black sheep of the family with the 89 Coupe. I told Cal to keep it soft for him because he is a maniac with this car. It goes through trama everytime it leaves his garage. So Cal made it tame for him where he can cruise the streets with 700hp @ 675ft. His car is extremely explosive. Also made a tune with a little more aggression for the track at 734hp
734hp

So now we can officially call ourselves the 700club. lol

Wow great numbers............but what pump are you running?

OK its math time..............I would say your pump is not getting enough voltage.

From the flow chart

If your running 26 psi you need to have about 70 psi fuel pressure. This pump flows 128 gph@14 volts@70 psi from the chart. So based on this fact the pump should be good for on a worst case 128 X 6 lb weight of fuel =768 lbs hour. 95 lb x 6=570 lbs of fuel at 100% duty cyle. So in theory your pump should supply 35% more fuel than your injectors could ever flow without alky.
Either the pump has gone bad , fuel filter issue, line restriction or the voltage is dropping at the pump.

Attachments

• 1100-A Flow Chart-1.pdf
    40.9 KB · Views: 62
I had a great time in Canada, eh! I want to thank Mike for inviting me back again. I had a great time hanging out with you guys and your amazing STREET cars. Everyone of these cars was drivin to the dyno, tuned to 700+hp, and driven home. No trailer queens! We had a couple minor issues on each car, but were able to work around it. I can't wait to hear the track results!

OK its math time..............I would say your pump is not getting enough voltage.

Mike has a 2025 pump with plenty of voltage. Based upon what the fuel pressure was doing at WOT, I suggested he send the pump back to Jim Craig for a complete freshen up. While it's apart, inspect the filters and replace if necesarry and add a street controller.

I had a great time in Canada, eh! I want to thank Mike for inviting me back again. I had a great time hanging out with you guys and your amazing STREET cars. Everyone of these cars was drivin to the dyno, tuned to 700+hp, and driven home. No trailer queens! We had a couple minor issues on each car, but were able to work around it. I can't wait to hear the track results!

Mike should of sold tickets for the event . :) Hopefully my TT SBC will be completed next time your passing thru .

Hey Cal it's Ron ie: Senior, the boys want to put me out to pasture but i am still kicking and biting on their butts. A heart felt thank you, Cal is a class act however my neighbors will not like him very much there are two black tire marks from one end of the street to the other end. Thanks again Buddy!!!!

That's one way to drain the race gas out :D You might as well sell that other car :)

The other car is a garage queen, boost is like laughing gas keeps you smiling. The C16 was finished yesterday i just love the feeling of having my head pushed back into the headrest, going sideways at 60 and laughing like a two year old.

Great numbers guys Congrats! I know what you mean Ron hazing the tires at 60,80 or 120 km and the car going side ways up the street,Lots of fun.

Great numbers guys Congrats! I know what you mean Ron hazing the tires at 60,80 or 120 km and the car going side ways up the street,Lots of fun.

With my 394 HP I can;t even squeak the tires off the line, you guys are so lucky to have that kind of power! One day I hope to have your kind of fun...

Norbs we know you can make the power, we have seen it but you choose to experiment and do your own thing. Lot of our cars have your parts on them and that's why your car is not running.

Norbs we know you can make the power, we have seen it but you choose to experiment and do your own thing. Lot of our cars have your parts on them and that's why your car is not running.

See i knew those parts would work, must be the tuner who unlocked the Genie from the bottle........

What's this KM all aboot?!?!
Nice numbers guys. Cal is a madman on the keyboard. Watching him tune my car was crazy. He flies through tables. Worth every penny.

Wish I could afford to have him do mine. That's how I got the car was tuning issues.
Get a group of guys together and spread the load over 4 or 5 people. Works out to be peanuts in the end............. They don't have to be Buicks either. There is more then one way to skin a cat.