Dyno tomorrow, guess the number

dragrazor

alright, gonna dyno the car tomorrow, shooting for 25-27#'s of boost if its safe.
Parts list:
Stock long block
Ta-49
TT chip 20/20 timing
Duttneck stock intercooler
3in downpipe
Pypes catback, no converter
Upgraded valve springs
E85
Walbro 450L in tank upgraded return line racetronix hangar
Hotwired and volt booster
80's
Aeromotive regulator
Stock tranny with upgrades, stock d5 converter
Translator with 3in mass air flow
Scanmaster for tuning

Also, what air/fuel ratio should i be looking for?

Last edited:
Unlocked 390-400. Locked 420-430. This assuming you lock it and get a clean pull with no kick down. You might need to play with the timing a degree or two to hit the numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison, sorry for the newby question but how does the locked/unlocked thing work? Should i install a switch to lock it? Why wouldn't it lock on its own? Also, what air/fuel ratio would you recommend to be safe?

I just use a jumper on the aldl connector. Make sure you bring it up enough to prevent a 3-2 kickdown.
65dc17136f8193c7960763d460e58bc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, the dyno was having issues and it could not read torque or rpm's. Boost was at 25#'s where i usually see 26-27 on the street. Best numbers were 379. I tried to lean it out and it went down on power. No knock. Temps here in south florida was at 90* plus. Brian, i received your post too late and was not able to lock the converter although i am sure it did not jump into second gear. I am pretty sure i can hit the 400 mark but it did not happen today. I kept timing at the chip setting of 20/20. I am pretty happy with the results.