Dyno tune@Bushur's

edv2

SPOOLIN' NO FOOLIN'
Congratulations to ROB ORTOSKY for layin down 762.9 horsepower on only 25 lbs boost!!!It was bad ass!!!Cal is the man!!!

Thanks guys. Ed, it was 767.9hp, but whos counting?
4.1 on center, fully ported small valve GN1's, 224 hydraulic roller with solid lifters tight lashed, 7668 .85 3 bolt turbo, Lonnie Diers V1 intercooler, XF1, all the normal grandma Regal stuff.
I am still running an internal wastegate. The rod was pretty much bottomed out to get 25psi. With a bleeder or RJC type controller, it might have made more. It was still making 30+ hp per psi. This was on a Mustang dyno. We'll see how it runs on Sunday.

Thanks guys. Ed, it was 767.9hp, but whos counting?
4.1 on center, fully ported small valve GN1's, 224 hydraulic roller with solid lifters tight lashed, 7668 .85 3 bolt turbo, Lonnie Diers V1 intercooler, XF1, all the normal grandma Regal stuff.
I am still running an internal wastegate. The rod was pretty much bottomed out to get 25psi. With a bleeder or RJC type controller, it might have made more. It was still making 30+ hp per psi. This was on a Mustang dyno. We'll see how it runs on Sunday.

Awesome! Subscribed...awaiting results!

Well, the track prep was horrible. First pass was in the 12's. I spun leaving on 5psi, let off rolled back into it, spun again, eased into speed shifting into 3rd, got into it at mid track, and let out after 100 feet or so. Next pass, I left off idle, hit boost, spun, part throttled into 2nd, went sideways, eased out shifted into 3rd, and eased back into it, 9.97@144.
Even my truck was spinning. Launching off 0 boost with it in 4wd, it would spin all 4 and start drifting to the right until 3rd, ran high 14's.

Nice!

What boost to get the 144 trap speed?

IMHO, 144 is capable of mid 9's or maybe a little faster.

This was at 25psi. There is alot more MPH in it. I was on the gas, off the gas, and part throttle until I got into 3rd. From short shifting, the converter never coupled either. If the weather holds out, I am going out this Friday night to Norwalk (this was at Dragway 42, which is not a great place), with a set of slicks just in case.

This was at 25psi. There is alot more MPH in it. I was on the gas, off the gas, and part throttle until I got into 3rd. From short shifting, the converter never coupled either. If the weather holds out, I am going out this Friday night to Norwalk (this was at Dragway 42, which is not a great place), with a set of slicks just in case.
Do you think it has an 8 in it? With all that on and off, you had to loose a sec. Holy shit...no cage either. If you ruin that beautiful car...I might have to arm wrestle you for it!!! lol

Your going to need a lot more HP /traction to run an "8" at least 150 mph..according the hp calc @3600 lbs your mph is correct for the hp your making, you may pick up 1 or 2 more mph, not 6, number comes up to about 9.40 with optimal traction.:confused: What was the 60 and the 1/8 mph?

I'm with norbs..... I don't see an 8 there..... but mid 9's are doable if you can 60' it good.

I am shooting for 8's. Cal said it should go 8's if I can get the radials to hook. I have no boost controller, so not being able to ramp in the boost is going to be tough on a drag radial. I have a set of 28.5x10.5 Phoenix slicks I can borrow just in case. I would like to do it on the radials, the way I drive it on the street.

FWIW, an EVO that runs low 9's, high 8's and traps in the 150's, full weight car put down 730's on this dyno.

I think I would lose that arm wrestling match, Coach. I will try to keep it rubber down and between the guard rails.

Dyno numbers are deceiving. The converter wasn't coupled the whole run. The car was at 6100rpms at 112mph on the dyno. With a lock up or a stick shift, you will see more HP. My car should be around 3350 with me in it. It was 3450 2 years ago before a fuel cell, glass bumper, and some other lightening, 20lbs off me as well.

The 60' was 1.72 and the 1/8mph was 6.68@114. This is all useless because it was never under full power most of the first half of the track. If I had a crappy 60', but still had it floored the whole run, the MPH would be close but i didn't.
A car that put down mid 600's that day went 9.8's@141.

I wish you best of luck with your goals and I am not trying to be negative, but I am telling you its not going to be an easy task to go from 9's to 8s. Boost numbers will have to exceed 30+psi, back pressure from the 3 bolt turbo will become excessive limiting hp gains, and traction will have to be in the 1.2xx ~ low 1.3;'s 60' range, and without a cage to stiffen the car I don;t see this playing out.

I know it isn't going to be easy. I have to drive it also. The converter is flashing very high, so I have a narrow rpm band, so the shift point has to be dead on to get the converter to couple. All of the calculators I have used are using flywheel hp, which with the amount of fuel it is using, it is easily around 930. The car peaked power at 6100, so I am shooting for a 6200 to 6300 shift. With my old set up, the difference between a 5400 rpm shift, and a 5900rpm shift was over 5mph, because of converter flash.

Good Luck Rob,
A better prepped track and slicks...who knows. Cal has gone 8's many times, so he knows what is needed. If he says you got it...then I guess I'll put my $$$ there.

Good Luck Rob,
A better prepped track and slicks...who knows. Cal has gone 8's many times, so he knows what is needed. If he says you got it...then I guess I'll put my $$$ there.
Do you want to put some $ against it? Can be done via paypal:)