E85 mix... which is best

wanna87GN

1KWIKGN
I am looking to try a mix of E85 and am wondering what would be the best mix? E85 and 93 or 87?? I am running .009's, walbro 340 hotwired, stock turbo and IC. My chip is just a TT .009 93 octane. Right now I am running 17 psi. 0 knock.

I am looking to try a mix of E85 and am wondering what would be the best mix? E85 and 93 or 87?? I am running .009's, walbro 340 hotwired, stock turbo and IC. My chip is just a TT .009 93 octane. Right now I am running 17 psi. 0 knock.

Forget mixing it - its never going to be consistant. Just order the E85 TT chip from Eric and never look back. I was running 22-23 psi on the street without a hint of knock. :)

So in other words..... my 42.5#ers are going to be useless. Guess the 60#ers are in my future now.

So in other words..... my 42.5#ers are going to be useless. Guess the 60#ers are in my future now.

If your serious about E-85 you'll need 60s to have any real fun. My 83s on my stock motor, IC, Turbo will hit over 70% DC @ 23 psi

Anything below 45-50% mix I'd use 93... IMO
87 seem to work better with higher pecent mixes especially in the colder months HTH :cool:

So I guess the real question is.....

60#ers, TA-49 and alky on 93 octane.....

or

60#ers, TA-49 on E85?

I live on the Illinois and Iowa border so E85 is not a problem getting. I do not use this car as a daily driver and mpg is not a concern.. I just want to know when I pull up next to a LS1 or a ricer that I will make the GN family proud. :) My goal is to be in high 11's by spring. (All that and cold AC)

So I guess the real question is.....

60#ers, TA-49 and alky on 93 octane.....

or

60#ers, TA-49 on E85?

I live on the Illinois and Iowa border so E85 is not a problem getting. I do not use this car as a daily driver and mpg is not a concern.. I just want to know when I pull up next to a LS1 or a ricer that I will make the GN family proud. :) My goal is to be in high 11's by spring. (All that and cold AC)

In this case go with E85, you don't have to worry about filling up the alky bottle, or running out for that matter - its always there ready to go! In the long run E85 is going to be cheaper and probably less of a headache to tune too. High 11's shouldn't be a problem as long as you can put the power to the ground. Also keep in mind there are not too many stock vehicles that can keep up with a TR running 23 psi! :)

In this case go with E85, you don't have to worry about filling up the alky bottle, or running out for that matter - its always there ready to go! In the long run E85 is going to be cheaper and probably less of a headache to tune too. High 11's shouldn't be a problem as long as you can put the power to the ground. Also keep in mind there are not too many stock vehicles that can keep up with a TR running 23 psi! :)

Agreed. You aslo don't have to worry about your alky pump crapping out. Also you'll make more power when running E-85 than the alky setup. However I have been toying with the idea of putting alky injection on top of the E-85 in the summer months. .... :biggrin:

High 11s are definitely achievable with the 60s / E-85 and you'll be able to hot lap your car at the track :eek: