e85 Testers

Just a little update.

Got the cheap tester tube and put it to work.

When to two different stations and got a gallon from each place on the same day.

One tested as e70 ( Thorntons ) and the other tested as e80 ( Kroger )
I retested each one a 2nd time, and go the same results.

Worked out nicely and well worth it. I can now quickly test right there at the pump basically.. if i see a low reading i can say screw this and
goto the other place and try again and hope for a better result before buying 10 gallons of it for the track.

Just an FYI ... you really wont see a big difference if any between E85 and E80 as far as performance goes ...

I've used E70 that has out performed ( at the track) E85 ...

Its like looking at boost numbers or AFR numbers... its relative

Whats important to realize is that regardless of what you put in the tank.. E70, E80, E85 you need to watch how the car reacts to it and fine tune to get 100% out of it.

To a point. When I first started running e85 I was filling up at a close station to where I live. Buckys. Ran around on the street and at 18lbs I was showing some minor knock on my logs. Ordered the cheap separator test tube from jegs. Dipped into the fuel cell only to read below 60. Found a Phillips 66 that always reads 85 plus even in the winter months. No problems since.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ya, I've heard of people running and adjust for as low as e70 but if I can get e80-e85 else where, I am gonna do so, just for the fact
that I hate messing with the tune. I like fact that i can go out to track 4-5 times without ever changing a thing.

So far my KR has been mostly undercontrol.. even at 22psi last time out last year, it was 0kr. If I ever do see any, its usually not even half
a degree. I do keep timing conservative not much over stock.