E85 Water Absorbtion

Sorry TTA.

This is a quote from Car & Driver in 1989.
Our test car scorched the drag strip with a 0-60-mph blast of 4.6 seconds and a quarter-mile run of 13.4 seconds at 101 mph. That means, as we go to press that the turbocharged Trans Am is the quickest 0-60 sprinter available in any US production-car showroom – at any price.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother posting on here.. seems lately this forum is filled with guys that have tunnel vision..

You can call BS all you want I could care less nor do I care what car and driver got... maybe they got a lemon.. or couldnt drive
Already posted it had no sticky tires .. I posted which tires it had on it... car had a stock chip in it as delivered to the dealer . with ZERO parts added to it ..
I had 5 of these cars .. the slowest own I owned went 104 mph STONE STOCK .. it was also the lowest mileage one @ 8K miles

Guess I'll go throw on a Turbo, heads, cam , DFI, front mount, fuel system so I can go run my 107 :(

The 12.90 is possible with sticky tires and a well prepped track but not 107mph. There mph was 101, if the chip was changed and the boost up over stock then yea maybe 107mph is possible but bone stock on stock boost? No not hardly.
Since you don't remember the boost level or as you say that is just a number so who cares I raise the BS flag on this one.

Tunnelvision? :rolleyes: Whatever. Ok so it went 107 and the rest you owned went 104 I bow to you Sir you are the King of all that is TTA! Good luck on not blowing up your car. BTW does your car have a aftermarket boost gauge? If it does you should have saved your money who looks at those anyway.

Yes it has a boost gauge in it .. a stock one ...
ahhhh .... so its the BOOST gauges that makes em go fast ?
So you tune with your boost gauge then ? ..cause every car runs teh same boost number automatically has to run the same times and react the same way ... if your tuning with a boost gauge thats why your slow !

Dude your barking up the wrong tree ...

clearly I haven't blown it up yet with 158K ... so I guess I must have gotten lucky for the last 15 years

there are ALOT FASTER cars with very similar parts ... but you wont see em on here sharing much .. and your a perfect example why... keep an open mind .. you might just learn something.

Its really easy to call bullshit... but I can gaurantee you would eat crow watching the cars run. Heard it all before 11's on a stock turbo NO WAY
130 mph with a stock intercooler No way ... its impossible.. cant be.. its not stock.. whatever

With E85 Im sure a TTA can run every bit of 112mph with just a fuel pump/ injectors.

back to the batcave

Yes it has a boost gauge in it .. a stock one ...
ahhhh .... so its the BOOST gauges that makes em go fast ?
So you tune with your boost gauge then ? ..cause every car runs teh same boost number automatically has to run the same times and react the same way ... if your tuning with a boost gauge thats why your slow !

Dude your barking up the wrong tree ...

clearly I haven't blown it up yet with 158K ... so I guess I must have gotten lucky for the last 15 years

there are ALOT FASTER cars with very similar parts ... but you wont see em on here sharing much .. and your a perfect example why... keep an open mind .. you might just learn something.

Its really easy to call bullshit... but I can gaurantee you would eat crow watching the cars run. Heard it all before 11's on a stock turbo NO WAY
130 mph with a stock intercooler No way ... its impossible.. cant be.. its not stock.. whatever

With E85 Im sure a TTA can run every bit of 112mph with just a fuel pump/ injectors.

back to the batcave

lmao

Had this E85 in my car since at least last fall. Looks like E88 to me. We don't need no stinking mythbusters.

004.JPG

cause alcohol and water mix.that top floating section in your tester is the fuel % the water you added and ethanol are in the bottom cloudy mix along with any extra water that the tankfull has absorbed