3.8 LA LEY

gentlemen,

stock crank rods pistons
ported champion irons
206/206 cam
6266 DBB precision
120lb injectors
-8 feed -6 return

coupled with a walbro 525..... what will this 525 pump get me to RWHP wise on E85. debating on doing this big single or twin 340's.

im shooting for 34-36 lbs

i see some posts it got some people up to 550, 575, 580 being the highest. what are some real world e85 numbers with this pump?

thanks

My car ( see signature ) is 3760 lbs. with twin 340's .... 680lph pumps and my car went 10.33 / 129.4 mph @ 29psi which works out to about 575 - 608 rwhp . I was at 85% duty cycle with 120lb injectors .

The wife’s car has trapped 131 in the low 10’s with a 525 pump. Right around 85% duty at 23psi. 120’s 6266. Have run it past 91% duty on the street and still has solid fuel pressure.

Kids wagon also runs a 525 pump with 120’s. The wagon put down 532 wheel at around 85% duty on 120’s. 22 psi. Have also run this one past 90% on the street with solid fuel pressure.

Both cars have a 10ga ground wire from the pump to the battery up front, and both have volt boosters.

The wife’s car has trapped 131 in the low 10’s with a 525 pump. Right around 85% duty at 23psi. 120’s 6266. Have run it past 91% duty on the street and still has solid fuel pressure.

Kids wagon also runs a 525 pump with 120’s. The wagon put down 532 wheel at around 85% duty on 120’s. 22 psi. Have also run this one past 90% on the street with solid fuel pressure.

Both cars have a 10ga ground wire from the pump to the battery up front, and both have volt boosters.
those are some solid numbers

532 at the wheel @ 22psi ….. what's the setup on that car

so my guesstimate of it supporting around 580whp (ethanol) maxed out sounds about right

those are some solid numbers

532 at the wheel @ 22psi ….. what's the setup on that car

so my guesstimate of it supporting around 580whp (ethanol) maxed out sounds about right
The wagon is a mild build. 109 with stock crank & rods. Stock main caps. Wiseco pistons. Econo-ported 8445’s and intake. 210/215 FTS roller cam. Johnson lifters. 6266, 120’s, ECUGN, revX non lock converter.

The wagon is a mild build. 109 with stock crank & rods. Stock main caps. Wiseco pistons. Econo-ported 8445’s and intake. 210/215 FTS roller cam. Johnson lifters. 6266, 120’s, ECUGN, revX non lock converter.

That's one bad a** wagon you got there, definitely packing some heat.

Also leaning towards the ECU GN as well down the road maybe for next years round of mods... how do you like it ?

That's one bad a** wagon you got there, definitely packing some heat.

Also leaning towards the ECU GN as well down the road maybe for next years round of mods... how do you like it ?
Absolutely love it. Have 3 of them.

I
gentlemen,

stock crank rods pistons
ported champion irons
206/206 cam
6266 DBB precision
120lb injectors
-8 feed -6 return

coupled with a walbro 525..... what will this 525 pump get me to RWHP wise on E85. debating on doing this big single or twin 340's.

im shooting for 34-36 lbs

i see some posts it got some people up to 550, 575, 580 being the highest. what are some real world e85 numbers with this pump?

thanks
I have the same combo as you. I went 10.02 @ 134 single 525 pump 3700 pounds

I

I have the same combo as you. I went 10.02 @ 134 single 525 pump 3700 pounds
Ok that's exactly what I was looking for :) that's flying .. you're making some serious steam with that combo.

How many lbs did you make that run at ?

You have a volt booster on your 525 ?

Check this out..

There's a 535lph pump (490lph @ 40psi)
vs
525lph pump (470lph @ 40psi)

So for $10 more you can get the biggest pump that'll fit in our tank and then blast away for low 10s.

Check this out..

There's a 535lph pump (490lph @ 40psi)
vs
525lph pump (470lph @ 40psi)

So for $10 more you can get the biggest pump that'll fit in our tank and then blast away for low 10s.
Not necessarily
There are many factors
one of which is the weight of the car,some tr are 3800/4000+
the problem with these pumps is they flow alot down low and much less up at the higher psi
Now why does that matter?
Simple
Because turbo buicks needs the flow at higher psi
Because........
If your base is 55 psi and it takes 30 psi to make the power you need to run say high 9s or low 10s @3900 to 4000+.
You need that fuel requirement at 85+psi falling short means a new motor.
Another thing to mention is the regulator most the regulators guys use with these cheap ass pumps are not even rated for even 80psi.
Which means the regulator will be beyond its rating and the pump volume will be falling off where the the motor needs it most.
A recipe for engine failure and the manual labor that goes along with not having the right components for the job.
and in my personal opinion these pumps cannot tolerate prolonged exposure to e85.

Not necessarily
There are many factors
one of which is the weight of the car,some tr are 3800/4000+
the problem with these pumps is they flow alot down low and much less up at the higher psi
Now why does that matter?
Simple
Because turbo buicks needs the flow at higher psi
Because........
If your base is 55 psi and it takes 30 psi to make the power you need to run say high 9s or low 10s @3900 to 4000+.
You need that fuel requirement at 85+psi falling short means a new motor.
Another thing to mention is the regulator most the regulators guys use with these cheap ass pumps are not even rated for even 80psi.
Which means the regulator will be beyond its rating and the pump volume will be falling off where the the motor needs it most.
A recipe for engine failure and the manual labor that goes along with not having the right components for the job.
and in my personal opinion these pumps cannot tolerate prolonged exposure to e85.
Great input! Do you know a good company for regulators that could handle a 85+ psi situation, that would work with single tank 535lph pump set up?

I dont want guys thinking they have what is needed and blow their stuff up cause they didn't have enough flow past 75psi on e85
A single 535/525 on e85 would make me a bit nervous if I was trying to push north of 30psi on a built motor. I am currently running a pair of DW 340's and at 75psi of fuel pressure it probably only flows 450lph.

Good news, 20 years ago we were drewling over 255lph pumps and the new 300lph coming. LOL

I just posted the flow numbers Walbro shows between the pumps just to have something to see that the new pump flows more. Until a big shop does another real world flow test between the new in tanks, we gotta use Walbro data.

Agreed, higher psi flow rate numbers matter.
Walbro chart attached, is data but how real is yet to be tested (that I know of).

But.......
Question is power on say 28psi right??
That is what matters, can you run a 535lph at 28psi on a TA49, hell ya, run 28psi on a 67/70 Gen 2 on gas, well accurate data logging to confirm would be recommended. It's got a limit but luckily these limits are moving up for us 1 pump customers.

Attachments

• Walbro-GST535---F90000295-flow-chart.jpg
    Walbro-GST535---F90000295-flow-chart.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 41
Good news, 20 years ago we were drewling over 255lph pumps and the new 300lph coming. LOL

I just posted the flow numbers Walbro shows between the pumps just to have something to see that the new pump flows more. Until a big shop does another real world flow test between the new in tanks, we gotta use Walbro data.

Agreed, higher psi flow rate numbers matter.
Walbro chart attached, is data but how real is yet to be tested (that I know of).

But.......
Question is power on say 28psi right??
That is what matters, can you run a 535lph at 28psi on a TA49, hell ya, run 28psi on a 67/70 Gen 2 on gas, well accurate data logging to confirm would be recommended. It's got a limit but luckily these limits are moving up for us 1 pump customers.
The target audience (Guys) that want to run a small 49 dont really want to to upgrade the fuel system that much
Let alone put an aftermarket computer system in the car to properly tune out that much fuel
to handle a pump like that.
It adds up fast these days.
Some of the combos with the right stuff and these new turbos I've seen can swallow alot of fuel at 28psi.
On e85 it can be an issue