Ebay non-shipment options and advice

mark b

Let me make the disclaimer first: I knew better than to do this, I know this question has been asked a hundred times before, but I need some advice.

I bought a item on eBay that is not an insignificant amount of money. The seller had been in communication with me but has disappeared for the last 2 weeks and my fear is growing because the sale is over 1 month old now.
The seller had good feedback with 1 poor rating for slow shipment, but the person did not define slow (weeks, months, etc.)

It's not on my charge card card so leveraging the bank is not an option.
It's not on a postal money order so that's out.

If worse comes to worse, can I file a complaint with the police in that town? I know the kid across the street from me got arrested for selling items on ebay that never existed and thus never shipped, but I'm not sure how it was done. I heard there is now an "agency" for Internet sale fraud???

Looking for serious advice!

How did you pay for it if not via CC or bank, or money order? Not much you could do about the MO option anyway.

FYI, for any future purchases to protect yourself..
If by PayPal, then you can get you money back.
If by CC then refute the charge
I always pay by Paypal thru a CC so I'm double protected.
If the seller only takes payments mailed to him, I usually pass on the item unless they have more than 20 or so good transactions where they were the seller, and they have no negative feedback at all.

Yeah Rob, like I said. I know better. I ALWAYS pay by credit card so I can use the bank as an option but that wasn't available and I took the risk. It wasn't out of the country and the seller did have good feedback.

I was told some police dept's now have an internet fraud "division" ..which really means one persons job in between other jobs. Anyway, I need to start investigating options.