ebay & paypal suck's

littlebuick8

i sold a new in the orignal box exhaust for an 05 gto sport appering package (sap) to this non english speaking clown on ebay for $350.00 buck's. claim's he has a sap equiped gto and need's this exhaust. pay's with paypal he get's the system wich is muffler's only at the back of the car try's to instal them and fails because the front pipes are not sap equipment. so rather than boxing this stuff up and shipping it back to me for a refund and or buy the corect pipe to instal the mufflers he take's it to an exhaust shop and they freekin destroy a beautiful set of discontinued sap exhaust muffler's for the gto. then files a dispute against me with paypal. i got the stuff back and now paypal has settled in his favor so now im stuck with a set of mufflers that look like they got draged down the street behind his car. paypal said i can appeal this matter and recoupe some of the $$ but is it realy worth it. man i just want to choke the last breath of air from this F"en piece of waisted skin. some people dont even deserve the right to breath the same air we do. sorry for the rant but man am i PO!

my experiance with paypal

i have never won a dispute with them, had about 8 of them and some were crazy. one lady removed my serial number and put her's on my working camera and put the broke camera back in a box and shipped it back. I had pics of everything including where the label shows it was pulled and put on jacked up. they still sided with her, paypal will side with the buyer regardless. if you have any of the emails sent back and forth that states that he did all this extra stuff make sure you send them or post them on there. communicate with them and you may win. but i hate to say it but more then likely you will be on the losing end of this. sorry but there are too many knuckle heads on there that try and run too many scams on there and regardless you won't win. appeal it and cross your fingers, if you have pics of before and after post them on the paypal website so they can see that the part was altered and maybe you'll have a chance. good luck.

same here, ******* buys a perfect block with tons of work done to it, it was listed as having a repaired starter pad with pictures. he decides he doesn't like the repair, and grinds it down and trys to fix it better, the runs a hone thru the bores. ruins what would have made one hell of a street motor. paypal gives him money back, plus i had to eat the shipping charges (shipping blocks around isn't cheap.

i hope to see him one day, i'll knock 1,000.00 out of his ass.

you couldn't pay me to use paypal. If they gave a discount the risk is too great.

Ebay is cutting their own throat with it. I haven't bought anything off of there in about a year. Just too much trouble.

I sold a set of pretty nice LT1 heads for around $500 on eBay. Buyer pays with paypal, I ship the heads. Then another payment for the same amount comes in from the same buyer. I email and ask them if they wanted 2 sets of heads or if they had made a mistake. I never hear back.

Next thing I know, Paypal takes both $500 payments out of my paypal account. When I asked wtf was going on, they tell me that the buyer's paypal had been hacked and that I was SOL because I had the free paypal account. A huge F YOU to paypal.

paypal

in my opinion i think paypal needs someone to have someone put them in their place. i know they are part of ebay and it's a big corporation but still the horror stories about disputes and crap seem like they can care less about the seller. i've had alot of bad experiances with paypal and disputes and i'm not sure if there is a good way to put them in their place. i'm tired and still pissed off about the money i lost on legit disputes. i refunded ones i knew were bad and a few that were iffy or could have been. i don't mind doing good business but after getting the shaft so many times from them i closed my account and would rather just not deal with them at all.

I sold something for $650 , the person got it but told Paypal they didnt. I KNOW they got it because they posted pics of the part on a forum.

I showed paypal my receipt with the zip code and the date I shipped it ( his zip and I actually shipped the SAME day he paid ) ... then linked them to the pic he posted of MY part.

They sided with him saying I should have purchased shipping confirmation on anything over $250.

I lost out on the money, shipping, time, and the part.

The kicker is they sent me to a debt claim company IMMEDIATELY after they made their decision (probably part of THEIR company too); since I didnt have the full amount sitting in my paypal account ---

dang

that'st just bad business on that, i always do DC because it's less then 70 cents last time i used it. But seriously where can we go to get them to change their policy and quit being so buyer biased. i still haven't heard of anyone who's won a dispute with them if they were on the seller side. i swear i know of several other buyers locally who have had the same problem and it seems like they can care less about the seller. anyone think of something we can do to make them pay like they should when it's clear as day that the buyer is wrong?

a few pic's

here are a few pic's of what helen keller did to this exhaust. don't think i will see any return on this exhaust from paypal. not that i expected any as we all no who and what we are dealing with here. sure has changed my opinion on doing any more buissnes with ebay and or paypal. lesson learned. a real shame as i have had a bunch of great transaction's with a lot of great seller's and buyer's. all i takes is one BAD APPLE.:mad:

Attachments

• damaged gto exhaust ebay 001.jpg
    damaged gto exhaust ebay 001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 140
  • damaged gto exhaust ebay 002.jpg
    damaged gto exhaust ebay 002.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 142
  • damaged gto exhaust ebay 003.jpg
    damaged gto exhaust ebay 003.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 141
  • damaged gto exhaust ebay 005.jpg
    damaged gto exhaust ebay 005.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 141
couldn't have said it better. i've had tons of good transactions. feedback left for me saying i exceded their expectations, etc... and then this one guy with no feedback pulls this fast one and they side with him. makes no sense to me?????

paypal even told me this was the cost of doing business , that you have to lose sometimes :mad:

I will never understand why people still use paypal and ebay. I don't care about convenience. Those bastards will never screw me out of my money.

That's why I pull all of my money out of paypal as soon as I receive a payment. Go ahead and send me to collections, I'd be waiting for that collection call to give them more than an earful. Make them take it to court, which they won't do.

BS on them and you pulling your money

i have to say if you continue to use paypal they'll have your account in the negative and when the money is sent from a buyer on some misc item it'll be deducted until your squared. i've had over 1000 transactions on paypal and over 1300 on ebay and i've always had a problem with this. part of doing business is a crock of crap. they will side with the buyer regardless, so unless you don't care and see it as a part of doing business with paypal then have at it. i heard bidpay is better but i just got tired of the BS with ebay and started craigslist. it's local and it's cash, no problem with paypal and no one to take a percentage of my money just to guarantee the buyer regardless if they are right or wrong. Heard it too many times before i even closed my account, my ebay seller name was the same as this user name and you can check. sucks but until ebay changes it's policy along paypal i'll stick to craigslist.

That's why I pull all of my money out of paypal as soon as I receive a payment. Go ahead and send me to collections, I'd be waiting for that collection call to give them more than an earful. Make them take it to court, which they won't do.

I thought it was tied to a credit card? So if you did pull the money they would ding your card?

They're a company that's based in kalifornication so fight all you can. I've never had a problem with them myself but I only use it to purchase now instead of sell.