Ebay turbo(master power) advice

ONE_QUIK_6

Still lookn' for a recipe
Does anyone have any knowledge about this turbo??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7926558177&category=33742
I need to get a new turbo or my old one rebuilt. Price seems right, it is a little smaller than I am looking for. Does any one know what kind of exhaust housing I would need? While I am posting, does anyone know anything about the master power t70 turbo? <-That was actually the turbo I was looking for on ebay. Thanks for any advice.

Zak

There are a LOT of turbo guys out there now days.

Why not stick with a Vendor that advertises on this board. That way you will be helping them out, and you will be getting the corret turbo for your vehicle.

Keeping the $$ in the Buick community allows the Vendors to keep the Buicks parts coming!

But of course, that is up to you!

I actually agree with you, but when vendors are asking for more money to rebuild than these companies are asking for brand new turbos, it is a tough call. Does anyone have any info on these master power turbos. I read on the other board that a lot of mustang and supra guys are making big power with them. If anybody has any advice for a big turbo on a budget please let me know.

zak

Several people are running them on V8's and so far I haven't heard any problems. Locally anyway. Looks like you would need a plain 3 bolt housing for a p-trim to bolt it on your Buick since the center section appears the same. But I think the MP70 is only a 60 or 61mm.

But I would think you'd be better off buying from a buick vendor also, or check the used parts section. A good 60mm should be in the 400-500 range.

Who know's if the compressor and turbine combo is correct for your V6?

what did you find out on these turbos zak?

how do you "search" for one with the correct 3 bolt flange for our buicks

Later

BW

Is that a BB turbo or is it just the way they word their ad?
$400 for a BB is rediculous.

Here is what I know,

Power Master sells a ton of turbos, to South America.

The parts are copies of a Schwitzer S2B thrust.
THEY ARE GARRETT KNOCK OFFS!!!

Call Ben AGP turbochargers and ask them about the turbo's. Their customers have brought them in to them and they know first hand. www.agpturbo.com/customer/home.php

All in all, you might be saving money now, but in 6 months to a year will you? I would rather save up than buy that thing. IMO.

That is not a genuine master power turbo, ssautochrome, stone mountain and xs power all sell knock off master power turbos. I think they use some master power parts, like the housings but they use cheap bearings. I have heard of bearings failing in the ssautochrome turbos after a few hours of use.

Real master power turbos do not have that blue tag on the compressor housing (look at boostedsystems.com for pics of real master power turbos you can visually see the difference). Checkout turbomustangs.com many people run master Power turbos over there and have no problems.

Ive had a 70 pm turbo on car for about 3 months Took turbo off sent it to get checked because oil blowing past seals Shaft had play up & down & in & out PM said it was normal Tried to save money but now its going to cost me more because Im shopping for a new one. hope this helps you out

i know of 5 + people here in town that have purchased those power master turbos off of ebay and all of them have had problems. either there was immediate shaft play after less than 500 miles, oil blowing past seals, or just an all out fins hitting housing after very little aggressive driving.
stick with known good turbos. youve been warned
i have pics of some power master turbos failing after a few miles of use if i can find them.

87GNcospg said:
i know of 5 + people here in town that have purchased those power master turbos off of ebay and all of them have had problems. either there was immediate shaft play after less than 500 miles, oil blowing past seals, or just an all out fins hitting housing after very little aggressive driving.
stick with known good turbos. youve been warned
i have pics of some power master turbos failing after a few miles of use if i can find them.

How about the SSAutoChrome headers?? Any feedback with these??
They look too big for most of us.... :confused:

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1678

SSautochrome headers suck.....I didnt like the way the lined up in my car, had to disconnect downpipe from exhaust to relocate it, and twisted my turbo inlet inwards.......stack chips and buy better stuff.....

hboost said:
SSautochrome headers suck.....I didnt like the way the lined up in my car, had to disconnect downpipe from exhaust to relocate it, and twisted my turbo inlet inwards.......stack chips and buy better stuff.....

Thanks for the feedback ;)

We test turbos from the turbo companies, the MP units have had quite a few problems lately. We have had some with lots of oil seal problems straight out of the box, and also some with the wheels already touching the housings new out of the box as well. Also the warranty for a MP unit right now is about 6 months behind. So think about it long and hard before you buy these kinds of units.

Jose