EGR/EVAP delete quesion

neilb

Hello everyone, I'm deleteing the EGR valve and the Charcoal Canister from my car, (no emissions tests up here for cars this old) to help clean up the engine bay. What is the proper way to delete these? I have the EGR passage blocked off, and I have pulled all the vacuum lines and fuel tank vent lines from the car. What should I do with the wiring? And what about the ECM tuning? The vent line from the fuel tank I have cut off about 12" from the tank, and put a small filter on it. Will this cause me any troubles?

Thanks for any input!

You better hope you don't get pulled over by the OPP, MTO or the MOE. If you do, it's a $350.00 fine for each pollution control you've removed or tampered with.

Hello everyone, I'm deleteing the EGR valve and the Charcoal Canister from my car, (no emissions tests up here for cars this old) to help clean up the engine bay. What is the proper way to delete these? I have the EGR passage blocked off, and I have pulled all the vacuum lines and fuel tank vent lines from the car. What should I do with the wiring? And what about the ECM tuning? The vent line from the fuel tank I have cut off about 12" from the tank, and put a small filter on it. Will this cause me any troubles?

Thanks for any input!

The ones I have seen deleted still use the vent line running all the way to the engine compartment, with the small filter there, but to each his own. When I delete mine, that is probably what I will do, unless there is fuel smell afterwards, then I will move the vent back or figure something else out. As for the EGR, I have mine welded shut, and also have a nice aluminum blockoff plate on the intake. The wiring is wrapped up and placed underneath the coil pack hidden from sight. I didn't want to cut the wires back into the harness for the EGR stuff in case I needed them in the future.

As for ECM tuning, it shouldn't affect it as far as I know. Eric's chips (TurboTweak) have the EGR disable so you get no codes or anything. Not 100% sure on whether you'd get a code or anything with the charcoal can wiring disconnected.

egr block with charcoal delete

The ones I have seen deleted still use the vent line running all the way to the engine compartment, with the small filter there, but to each his own. When I delete mine, that is probably what I will do, unless there is fuel smell afterwards, then I will move the vent back or figure something else out. As for the EGR, I have mine welded shut, and also have a nice aluminum blockoff plate on the intake. The wiring is wrapped up and placed underneath the coil pack hidden from sight. I didn't want to cut the wires back into the harness for the EGR stuff in case I needed them in the future.

As for ECM tuning, it shouldn't affect it as far as I know. Eric's chips (TurboTweak) have the EGR disable so you get no codes or anything. Not 100% sure on whether you'd get a code or anything with the charcoal can wiring disconnected.

Did you do these two mods yet and did you have any problems. thanx joe