Electric cutout kills

LOLGN

I haven't raced anyone seriously yet, the cutout seems to end alot of bs before it even starts :D. This past weekend I was next to a 5.0 fox mustang with a bunch of kids in it one night while driving down this two lane stretch of road. They were keeping pace with me for a minute and eventually downshifted and whacked the throttle a few times. I opened the cutout and go from a whisper quiet stock exhaust to airplane loud open dump:eek: A kickdown and instant lurch forward when the boost comes on was enough to make the mustang keep it's distance for the remainder of the ride home. I was coming down the same stretch of road tonight and a newish saturn ion redline did pretty much the same thing, sped up to catch me, paced me and goosed the throttle a few times. Dump gets opened, a quick kickdown and spool up was enough to frighten him off. The electric dump is definately worth atleast 3 cars lengths on the street. Anytime anyone hears it open up they drop back 3 cars and pretend to be busy doing something else :biggrin:

yeah i got my switch on my arm rest so no movement of reaching over to dash or under it etc...I just move one finger and wala..lol

So what does this cut out do, is it for the exhaust? , im new to turbo buicks, ive seen and heard of sumtin similar in other cars, just trying to further my knowleddge

problem with the dumps...

I have the electronic dumps too but have problems with boost creep when i open them up...I usually just crack them a little to help avoid this, but what is the real solution?

what it is..

So what does this cut out do, is it for the exhaust? , im new to turbo buicks, ive seen and heard of sumtin similar in other cars, just trying to further my knowleddge
its more or less a butterfly valve that goes on the end of a dump pipe that you control electronically with a button...so when open your exhaust dumps out the side of the car instead of going through the mufflers

How well do these cut outs seal when not in use? The inspection stations don't allow any exhaust leaks.

I have the electronic dumps too but have problems with boost creep when i open them up...I usually just crack them a little to help avoid this, but what is the real solution?

Opening up your exhaust like that can raise the boost 2-3 #'s just be sure you have enough octane for the extra boost.

I took a 3inch header flange, bought a 3inch test pipe from advance, cut it to an angle, welded them together and painted.

Its angled down a bit to meet the street and greet the peep... hey i made a ryme

The guy at the trans shop hurt the butter fly on mine, because of a backfire, so anyone got the number to QTP so i can sends it for repair?

The cut out is awesome! I have a cut out on two of my cars. It's the best "fun" investment ever! Everytime I open it up, the grin appears and the onlookers stare. Don't usually get much "action" though.:p

I need to put one on my White car, Mainly to just aggrevate the hell of the Harley riders that aggrevate everyone else.

A boosted blast past one of these guys with the cutout open would be funny as hell :tongue:

YouTube - 20090308175241

Never can get the Utube Embed to work right..anyway I got my cutout cracked a little..i think one notch... was a ricer flyby we did with my car...notice the flutter as i let off...LOL but the jet engine sound is scary so im told by a friend that was next to me the other day as i kicked it down beside him

YouTube - 20090308175241

Never can get the Utube Embed to work right..anyway I got my cutout cracked a little..i think one notch... was a ricer flyby we did with my car...notice the flutter as i let off...LOL but the jet engine sound is scary so im told by a friend that was next to me the other day as i kicked it down beside him

that sounded great and the jet engine sound is awesome. I want an electric cutout now, thanks MCA!;)

Definitely get a DMH from TR Custom Parts. QTP works and it's decent quality. However, DMH does make a bit better product- more durable, reliable, better switch.