electric fan

popalo

my electric fan is not working , I have put on aftermarket fan and am not happy withit. Where can I get new fan motor at reasonable price ? Thanks .

Hi , anyone know where i can get a motor and shroud for 86 GN , for the radiator.

I've been doing some research on this. It seems the Intrepid fans are common but are also a hit or miss deal. Meaning they're a great upgrade but the fan motors are known to sometimes go bad.

I personally know where there's a 2000 Intrepid for parts that happens to have a stock dual fan set up in it. The guy on the phone said he'd sell me the fan assy for $20 if I pulled it myself. I may go ahead and get it since all the other ones I see go for at least double that amount.

From what I've read, most sources say the 1998-2004 Intrepids have the fans you need, though I have also read the 1993-1997 models are the way to go. Either way, I've read that you will have to trim off the ears to fit, and then you will need to adapt the plug in harness over to the Buicks, or spend the coin and buy one from Caspers electronics.

Also you didn't say which aftermarket fan you installed that you were not happy with...I don't know what the CFM rating the fan used on the 86 GN was, but you will want something that meets or exceeds that amount. You will also want a should between the electric fan and the radiator tanks/surrounds to not let air slip in past the fan, as this lowers the cooling efficiency of the fans.

HTH.

my electric fan is not working , I have put on aftermarket fan and am not happy withit. Where can I get new fan motor at reasonable price ? Thanks .

I've been doing some research on this. It seems the Intrepid fans are common but are also a hit or miss deal. Meaning they're a great upgrade but the fan motors are known to sometimes go bad.

I personally know where there's a 2000 Intrepid for parts that happens to have a stock dual fan set up in it. The guy on the phone said he'd sell me the fan assy for $20 if I pulled it myself. I may go ahead and get it since all the other ones I see go for at least double that amount.

From what I've read, most sources say the 1998-2004 Intrepids have the fans you need, though I have also read the 1993-1997 models are the way to go. Either way, I've read that you will have to trim off the ears to fit, and then you will need to adapt the plug in harness over to the Buicks, or spend the coin and buy one from Caspers electronics.

Also you didn't say which aftermarket fan you installed that you were not happy with...I don't know what the CFM rating the fan used on the 86 GN was, but you will want something that meets or exceeds that amount. You will also want a should between the electric fan and the radiator tanks/surrounds to not let air slip in past the fan, as this lowers the cooling efficiency of the fans.

HTH.

I have 3000 cfm from summit ,does not have a shroud . I have seen new fans on ebay for intreoid for $85. I have not checked junk yard yet .

You will want a shroud on your fan. Otherwise the fan will only draw in the air in front of the fan blades, and not all the way around the radiator. The shroud greatly increases the cooling efficiency of the fan.

ok, $75.00 for dodge intrepid setup. installed using existing wire harness . Car stays nice and cool now . WooHoo.

Glad it's working for you. Can you let me know how you did your mounts? I'm getting ready to start on mine.