Electrical GN dome light question

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
IMG_3221.jpeg
I have been thinking that I need a new light assembly on the middle of the headliner but I looked at it today and in the middle is there a wire that connects because the problem is that the light did not come on so I was going to replace it. But, if you look at the assembly on the picture that I have attached it seems like there is a wire that should be attaching those 2 prongs but it is clearly cut and it seems like it made a burn mark. So. Y question is should they be connected or not?

View attachment 396758I have been thinking that I need a new light assembly on the middle of the headliner but I looked at it today and in the middle is there a wire that connects because the problem is that the light did not come on so I was going to replace it. But, if you look at the assembly on the picture that I have attached it seems like there is a wire that should be attaching those 2 prongs but it is clearly cut and it seems like it made a burn mark. So. Y question is should they be connected or not?
It is either cut or just broke

The base of the map light must be grounded.

Do I guess that is the wire running down the middle of that square hole? The ground wire. And if the ground is broken the lamps won’t work

The wire terminations in the rectangular hole, below the dome lamp, arent supposed to be connected , it isn't the ground wire.
Do no lamps work on your dome light?

Your going to have to find out if you have 12V. to the lamp fixture. Also is the lamp base grounded.
Check for 12V at the map lamp that has the two orange wires to it. 12 v. to ground, is what your looking for. If you don't, the problem is elsewhere.
Is your car complete and running ?