Emblem Adhesive

superjaay

What is the best way to remove to old adhesive from under the hood emblems on a GN w/o destroying the paint? I have replacements from Gbodyparts.com

What is the best way to remove to old adhesive from under the hood emblems on a GN w/o destroying the paint? I have replacements from Gbodyparts.com

Adhesive remover or a heat gun and roll the adhesive off with your fingers.

a automotive parts supply store should carry an pinstripe "eraser".rubber wheel you can put on a small rechargeable drill and it takes off adheasive/pin stripes,etc.this job is probably too small,but its works well and doesnt scratch.

a automotive parts supply store should carry an pinstripe "eraser".rubber wheel you can put on a small rechargeable drill and it takes off adheasive/pin stripes,etc.this job is probably too small,but its works well and doesnt scratch.

I purchased a used Suburban and it had vent shades on all of the door windows. I tried the pinstripe eraser and it didn't work. It just ended up dulling the paint. The adhesive was super strong and hardened from the weather. Adhesive remover only worked on the softer adhesive. I got the best results from a heat gun and rolling the adhesive off with my fingers, although my fingers were blistered afterwards. I had to buff the areas of paint that was dulled out by using the pinstripe eraser.

Might sound lame....

I use wd-40 to remove adhesive residue. Works like a charm, albeit may require a little elbow grease.

After the goo is gone, simply rub off the wd-40 with a clean rag and if necessary, wax it to blend in with the rest of the paint.