Emblem ?

FastSteve

Can anyone tell me if the emblems on the 86-87 GN's are attached to the car by adhesive or by pegs that go through the body panels? The reason I ask is that I am one more for the clean look. I dont care much for emblems on a car. Now they are easy enough to take off when adhesive is used but it becomes a little more involved when pegs are used. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Take them off. It looks great without them. If you like the super clean look like I do--take them off, get the front and rear bumperettes shaved, the outer door moldings and the texture on the bottom of the car smoothed--all in time.

I like the clean look very much. Took emblems off a car I have now with the idea of putting different color ones on it. Needless to say emblems never made it back on it once I seen it without them!:)

They do however look better with them of course. :)

Prolly hard to put them back on after a show paint job, but I would.

When i bought my car it only had the hood emblems. Now it has all original emblems. Being an 86 model withe the chrome grille I like to remind people that 86 is an intercooled car even though it has the same grille as an 85!;)

When I painted mine I had smoothed the rock gaurd and had no molding or emblems on it and I hated it.I put the emblems on at once, but skipped the door dinger strip.

I take that back. I did remove the rock gaurd, the door ding strip, the hood emblems and the back emblems, along with shaving the little bumperettes on both the front and rear bumpers. I did leave the little red T on the fender though, and I put an 86 T-Type emblem on the trunk deck lid where it used to say Buick. On top off that I got my wheels painted black with dark tinted windows and black out trim on a dark charcoal T-----its extremely sleek and I love it.

Watch out if somebody has removed your emblems before. A trick a lot of shops do is use adhesive(glue) to reatach them instead of putting new tape on. If this is the case you can chip your paint trying to get them off. Than you have to put them back on to cover up the mess. I personally like the emblems on my GN even though I did leave the body side moldings off when I had mine repainted. Nothing shows off a first class paint and body job like naked black paint.

My problem is I hate black. Not because I dont like the look. There is nothing like a CLEAN black car. The problem is keeping a black car looking clean more then an hour! Plus they show, or should I say SCREAM look at every scratch and mark there is in this paint. I have a black car right now and it looks like cr*p. Bought it brand new and the scratches and swirl marks just seemed to appear out of nowhere and that was by about 10,000 miles! Will I change the color of the GN I get? I dont know. That is one point I am fighting with myself on. I just dont know what to do. I keep swearing to myself no more black cars! I have had two and have gone nuts trying to keep them looking clean and in good shape!

Thought of that and I might. I do however like the looks of the interior of the GN better. The Turbo T's are a little too low key for me. I like something with a little more charactor to it.