Engine Build. Suggestions

Tony N

BigBoost86
I hope you veterans can tell me what my numbers HP/ ET's should be after my build with these parts. Thanks.

TA49 turbo
3" DP
60lb injectors w chip
Roller Cam 206/212
Forged piston kit
Stock intercooler w Dutweiler neck
Adjustable wastegate actuator
Adjustable fuel regulater
Walbro hp fuel pump
Hotwire kit
RJC plate stock intake
Billet center mains w arp studs and rod bolts

Block punched out .030
Heads valves bowled
Stock headers

Which "forged" pistons, how much does the car weigh, what rocker ratio, what compression ratio, what tires, what atmospheric conditions and elevation, and there's a lot more involved. If you want to know what the car will do dig all the possible info you can find and then post it up, otherwise you might get into the 13's.;)

Asking this question is just like calling the doctor and saying, "Doc, I'm bleeding, what's wrong?". You won't know until you get there.:D

Lets just say optimum ideal atmospheric conditions for this kind of set up with a proper tune. :)

i have close to the same combo except i have stock cam, 42.5lb injectors, & a stock engine & i've been 12.3 on a 275/50 drag radial, so u should see 11's

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Which "forged" pistons, how much does the car weigh, what rocker ratio, what compression ratio, what tires, what atmospheric conditions and elevation, and there's a lot more involved. If you want to know what the car will do dig all the possible info you can find and then post it up, otherwise you might get into the 13's.;)

Asking this question is just like calling the doctor and saying, "Doc, I'm bleeding, what's wrong?". You won't know until you get there.:D
LOL...If you make it there in time...in one piece! :p

Thanks for the well wishes, Jeez!!!' Really just unnecessary. God Bless.

Tony Don't take us too seriously, we are human and need a laugh once in a while. i've built many HP engines and the numbers
all look good on paper but, when we get to the dyno sometimes they ain't even close! To many particulars come into play.

Boy you were going in on me, lol. This build is costing $ and to here 13's jeez. Cool you got me I just hope for 12.0 flat. To 11.90 that's all, lmao.

Boy you were going in on me, lol. This build is costing $ and to here 13's jeez. Cool you got me I just hope for 12.0 flat. To 11.90 that's all, lmao.
You gotta expect it when you are the new kid! LOL myself!
Welcome to the site Tony!

As much as I hate to say it, you asked a very general question that we see on the board all the time. It's not that either of us were being mean but there's a lot more to figuring out what kind of times a car is capable of than just listing what parts you intend on throwing at it. A TA-49 is capable of mid 11's and can be pushed for even more but will be on the edge. The turbo will be the limiting power other than the driver and drive line. It would be a fun car to drive on the street and kill most challengers but what are your goals with it?

My goal for the car is to be a nasty fast street steet car that can handle most new cars that have some mods. But when I do make that trip to the track I would like for those numbers to show. This not my first muscle car but it is my first turbo car. Some practice with launching and it all be good before it goes to the driver portion. If i get my a$$ handed to me then the engine should be able to handle a alky injection kit. That's as far as I'll go. I realize that it's a common asked question just looking for a realistic #s for the set up. Thanks.

maybe high 11s on 28-30 lbs of boost with race fuel outside temp mid to upper 60s my combo is not much different mid to low 12s is all i've been able to muster but every car and combo run a little different I've been racing cars since the late 70s only several turbo buicks the past ten years just my experience nothing more.

I try to be realistic and truthful with my post I've been a bodyman for 30 years and do mechanic work from time to time mostly my own engine work and tuning.Just because it's expensive and I have a tough time trusting other people with working on my buick Its hard to find someone that knows our cars.So I just fix mine my self. There are some guys on here that can really make these cars fly with little or no mods my hat off to you. I run my tune a little fat probably but I enjoy my car a lot more driving it showing it off. then running it on the edge and risking blowing ahead gasket.So yes my combo like yours is cableable of impressive numbers just be carefull and have everything working rite when you go for it.