Engine cutting out problem

knob

I've been dealing with an issue with my GN since I got it. I have added a lot of parts but nothing will stop my issue. I am including to different files from my powerloger, and after studying each one it seems that my car hits 4400 rpm and just shuts off. I can see the rpm line flatten out at 4400 rpm and then the volts go to 0 and a secon later rpms go to 0, then the car recovers and goes on its way. No CEL light is set but you can see in both files where this happens. Anybody that cares to look at my files, it is greatly appreciated. Good solid grounds, it's almost as if there is a rev limiter built in somewhere that I don't know about. I'm going to double check my tr6 to make sure its set correctly but I doubt that would shut the car down. When it does shut down, occasionally the radio will lose all stations and time. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 7.13.14.dat
    949.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 6.28.14.dat
    826.3 KB · Views: 39
When it does shut down, occasionally the radio will lose all stations and time. Any ideas?
You have a power issue somewhere , check connections at battery and pull on the orange wire at battery and see if it has problems like corrosion or about broke , check wires at starter also by pulling on them , wiggle the ecm wires while running and see if it hiccups or something unusual .

Finally fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion turbo. It was the positive wire grounding out against the heat shield next to the starter. Car doesn't cut out now and off to dyno tune and add boost!

Attachments

• 7.14.14.dat
    921.8 KB · Views: 37
Finally fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion turbo. It was the positive wire grounding out against the heat shield next to the starter. Car doesn't cut out now and off to dyno tune and add boost!

Glad I could help you and good luck at the dyno , Boost on