Engine failure from a 20 dollar part!!!

I would think the on and off throttle repetitions in a buggy will play hell on any timing chain.

RL

considering how much a buggy bounces around and as stated above is constantly burping the throttle,

have you considered maybe a gear drive and dry sump?

dry sump is out of the question right now as there is no room.I run an RJC pan with a big filter..it works great.
I didnt know they make a gear drive....

Gear drives are not a great idea.They transfer engine vibrations into the cam bearings.:eek:

Kevin

same thing happen to 2 of my engines after i asked my builders not to use a tensioner, these were 2 reputable local and respectable engine builders i was dealing with and mind you was charged top dollar for the engines to be done this way , 3rd time around they bought the undersized timing chain just ask i had asked them to do the 1st time around and problem was solved..

Why dont you just stick that LSX up your!!!!!! Tired of all your bashing on this board. Personally I would love to shove it down your throat!! If you dont have anything positive to say or add to this GET OUT!!!!! Mike

Not bashing, just sharing my experience.

same thing happen to 2 of my engines after i asked my builders not to use a tensioner, these were 2 reputable local and respectable engine builders i was dealing with and mind you was charged top dollar for the engines to be done this way , 3rd time around they bought the undersized timing chain just ask i had asked them to do the 1st time around and problem was solved..
GNPOWEREDRAIL'S engine was built by one of those engine builders you are speaking about...

yeah but parts were swapped out before I bought it but not going to get into that
I believe you, that motor sat in one of those shops for like 3 months before I picked it up and one day in thee other one, he supposed to be very interested in buying it himself. I would never do some thing like that to anyone!!!