engine help

garyg

Its been a while since I posted. ?I found an 86 GN on the way home from work rotting away in a guys driveway. Knocked up old guy answered door. Talked to him, he said it ran when they parked it, but it was pushing oil out of the engine and smoking. What do you guys think it is? head gaskets? Its been sitting for a while. The breathers were covered in oil. It has nitrous installed, but never ran. The interioir is in great shape, no tears and new headliner. The body.....was repainted once. Looks like the factory GM respray. Paint is peeling like eggshells. Lots of surface rust through the cracks. Some parts of the paint has peeled and cracked down to the primer and has surface rust.
The car is a solid roof car. From what I saw the underside looks clean. drivers door showing signs of rust underneath. Body lines are still straight. door hinges felt good. Trunk was clean and still had original space saver with cover. Trunk tag shows LC2 and G80 codes. All the GN badging was removed when repainted years ago.
Motor is stock except for nitrous, old K&N, homemade cold air, old style dump pipe that exits through the lower part of the inner fender.
The guy said he got to run 13.2 at the track years ago.
I know i'm rambling on, just wondering what the engine issue may be? Any thoughts????

My 2 cents.. did run the nitrous & got a few holes in the the pistons due to detonation, plus blow by the rings due to the cylinder walls now trashed. But just my opinion.