Eric HELP-pop a head gasket?-I'm nervous!!

bentwing2

Hi all, i have Erics alky chip.Cars been running great till tonight:frown: After a cruise with 3 WOT blasts, the O2 reading stared to jump around at idle.on the WOT passes there was zero knock but, O2 min. was .720 upon recall.Normally it stays around .830mv WOT and idle.Now O2s jump around like a cross-count chip.there is no miss I can detect and still pulls hard on accel.But,idle is a LITTLE rough-no miss ,idle is searching.Iac is around 2-6(searching)O2 goes from .077-750-closed loop.no coolant in the oil.??fuel pressure -42 psi.
any one have any ideas what's up?
Thanks

Hi all, i have Erics alky chip.Cars been running great till tonight:frown: After a cruise with 3 WOT blasts, the O2 reading stared to jump around at idle.on the WOT passes there was zero knock but, O2 min. was .720 upon recall.Normally it stays around .830mv WOT and idle.Now O2s jump around like a cross-count chip.there is no miss I can detect and still pulls hard on accel.But,idle is a LITTLE rough-no miss ,idle is searching.Iac is around 2-6(searching)O2 goes from .077-750-closed loop.no coolant in the oil.??fuel pressure -42 psi.
any one have any ideas what's up?
Thanks

mines been doing this for a year now cant seem to get it figured out. after warm up the 02's start dropping and fluctuate all over the place. when i hit the alky button at idle it smooths out and the o2's goto 800's then it starts fluctuating and idleing rough again. hit your test button at idle and see if it does the same thing

my 02's are like .390ish at idle, full throttle at .720ish no knock, but still pulls hard etc...i think your o2 is fried like mine...probably simple fix.:biggrin:

mines been doing this for a year now cant seem to get it figured out. after warm up the 02's start dropping and fluctuate all over the place. when i hit the alky button at idle it smooths out and the o2's goto 800's then it starts fluctuating and idleing rough again. hit your test button at idle and see if it does the same thing

Brian, did you ever confirm a good ground going to your 02 sensor. When the ecm goes closed loop the only reading it takes to govern fuel is the 02. I know most 02's are grounded to the threaded port(header) where they are screwed in at. DO you have anything powdercoated maybe keeping the grounds from getting a good source?

Just thinking out loud...I know you have been pulling your your hair out with this problem since the Jurassic period.:eek:

Check out your BLM's and see if they are different than they used to be. Make sure no vacuum lines have blown off (especially to the MAP). Check fuel pressure under boost to make sure its correct and stable.

Eric

update....

First, thanks for all the reponses and good ideas.I took the car out tonight after warming it up completely and it was fine!?then as i let it idle ,I was reading through the TT manual-and it hit me.a month ago the door was left ajar and the bat went dead.In the manual it says after disconnecting bat suppy the chip will not engage closed loop the first time it's startedand it will go through a learn cycle.this must be what happened.blm=128 ,lv8=128....all other specs were dead on. :eek:
Well lesson learned-keep the kids out of the garage!!!:biggrin:
Thanks again!!