Erratic Trans shifting

Blackcar

On occasion my 87 GN, when coming to a stop from cruise speeds of 50+mph feels kinda as though it's staying in fourth gear, (it's not the TCC as scanner reveals) then when it leaves from a stop, it shifts far too rapidly 1-2, then 2-3 at far too low a speed, giving the impression of lugging or surging the car, any ideas, someone mentioned setting TV adjustment???
Thanks,
Scott:mad:

Hey Scott, I tried to e-mail you but no responce?
Went to Mission raceway last weekend to watch some quick turbo cars run.

The scanner only tells you the ECM is sending a ground path to the TCC. to lock-up. Lets say a TCC solenoid had a short to ground when hot, then when the trans shifts to 2nd gear and turns on the TCC switch it could lock-up without a ECM signal.
This may not be your problem, but dont rule it out just on scanner data.

I'd listen to LC2 ROD the scanner is only checking that your getting the signal for l/u. Sounds to me like you have the classic tcc solenoid sticking after signal is off, very common with age and heat.

Makes sense...dduhhrr!

Thanks guys, Guess I need to remember I'm only reading what info the ECM receives, not necassarily empirical data! LC2 Rod, I didn't get your email, but if you're in Washington State, wherebouts? I'm in Bellingham. Oh yeah, I shouldn't fail to mention, first couple of times trans pulled this, it was caught out in the rain!! Thanks,
Scott;)

Re: Makes sense...dduhhrr!

Originally posted by Blackcar
Thanks guys, Guess I need to remember I'm only reading what info the ECM receives, not necassarily empirical data! LC2 Rod, I didn't get your email, but if you're in Washington State, wherebouts? I'm in Bellingham. Oh yeah, I shouldn't fail to mention, first couple of times trans pulled this, it was caught out in the rain!! Thanks,
Scott;)

Empirical? What'd you say bout my mama!!
Im a car guy not a experimental brain surgeon.

Don't you remember, I was the one that posted the "who's GN was that at Turbo Terrys"

In this case the scanner is reading a comand signal from the ECM not incoming.

Help with trans?

LC2 ROD,
Sorry man, totally spaced that other e-mail! What's your ride don't recall seeing it around, (I can't find old email to reference to) anyhow; you can email at e7c@gte.net, let me know. Oh by the way; Ken, (original GN owner) stopped by tonight and we're going to see about attending the GNRA meeting, later.
Scott