Exciting News for TurboLink!

kenmosher

Whoosh!
I posted this in the Scan Tool section, but then thought it might be more appropriate here ... I apologize for the cross post.

If I've been a bit slow lately to respond, I think the following will explain it! It was quite an ordeal, but in the end it's a great thing! This will give us access to a lot more resources to continue to roll out new products and to improve TurboLink! I will be deep into some new projects (see us at SEMA ... we'll be at the Edelbrock booth!), but will still personally handle a lot of the customer support.

MotoTron Acquires Accelerate Performance Products

OSHKOSH, Wis., Oct. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- MotoTron, a unit of Brunswick New Technologies (BNT), announced today that it has acquired privately-held Accelerate Performance Products, a powertrain software tool provider based in Fort Collins, Colo. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

With its unique TurboLink(TM) product, Accelerate specializes in user- friendly PC software that interfaces directly with the powertrain computers of today's vehicles and industrial equipment. One of the premier applications for this software is the growing market of advanced operator interfaces that resemble the dash of a vehicle, including switch panels and gauges. TurboLink's technology allows for currently expensive and often troublesome panels to be replaced with modern, more reliable and economical LCD screens and software. Other significant applications of Accelerate's technology include vehicle diagnostics and the rapidly growing market of telematics, which can provide remote diagnostics and control through wireless technologies.

"At MotoTron, our primary goal is to help our customers revolutionize powertrain and vehicle systems. MotoTron software is the 'glue' that integrates electronic and mechanical technologies," explains Jeff Ehlers, general manager of MotoTron. "Only MotoTron can marry the advanced architectural processes and code generation technology of our recent acquisition, New Eagle Software, with the production experience of MotoTron, and the human interface technologies of Accelerate. We have forged a powerful combination of software development and execution that is truly unique to the vehicle embedded industry, be it in an automotive, marine, industrial or any other setting."

"As embedded hardware increasingly becomes a commodity -- similar to the PC world -- we at MotoTron have turned our focus increasingly to software," Ehlers says. "We believe that software is the primary strategic component that will help our customers better compete and distinguish themselves in this rapidly changing industry," explains Ehlers. "The addition of Accelerate completes our product line-up of embedded software and tools, thus providing a one-stop-shop source for our customers. From concept to production, MotoTron is now the one company that can offer it all."

MotoTron designs and supplies sophisticated engine control and vehicle networking systems flexible enough to handle a wide range of engine and vehicle applications. MotoTron is part of Brunswick New Technologies, a business unit of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).

For additional information on MotoTron, see www.mototron.com . For Accelerate, see www.appauto.com .

SOURCE_ Brunswick Corporation

___ -0-____________________________ 10/02/2003

___ /CONTACT:_ Dan Kubera, Director - Public and Financial Relations of

Brunswick Corporation, +1-847-735-4617/

___ /Web site:_ http://www.brunswick.com

_______________ http://www.appauto.com

_______________ http://www.mototron.com /

___ (BC)

CO:_ Brunswick Corporation; MotoTron; Accelerate Performance Products

ST:_ Wisconsin, Colorado

IN:_ LEI MAR

SU:_ TNM_______