exhaust crossover fitment probs

Donniejr81

Im in the process of buttoning up my 85 Regal HA frankenstein. Im having a h*ll of a time getting the exhaust crossover to bolt to both of the headers it seems like it is about 1/2" too wide. The headers are factory HA pieces and the crossover is factory as well. The thing is I just dont remember if its off of a HA or IC car as my original was smashed and had to get a replacement from a friend. Do the HA and IC cars use the same crossover? Should I just try to heat and bend it ever so slightly? The flanges on it bolt to the headers beautifully... just on the first side you bolt up LOL

try starting the bolt threads just a bit on one side just to hold it in place that way theres still some play and slide to the other side and start getting those bolts in then just start tightening them evenly should work

Yea I think that is my next plan of action. I was going to try that today but the cold got the best of me. Even with the car in the barn its still frigging cold, maybe a tomorrow project LOL

Yeah in our barn theres 5 horses 9 chickens and a Buick...Mr. Buford has his own stall too he's part of the family lol.