exhaust housing question.

boosted355

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but I'm hoping some of you might be able to answer a question for me (you guys have been around the turbo game a lot longer than me!). I have a twin turbo 355 Chevy with 60-1 Hi-Fi's with .96 exhaust housings, the boost doesn't come in until around 4000 rpm's. My car has a really tight converter in it and I'm on the transbrake way too long to get boost. I'm curious to know if any of you might be able to tell me what affect changing over to .81 housings would have.

Thanks for any replies, Jimmy

On the surface, smaller exhaust housings sure sound like they would help. I would consider going even smaller than that, maybe some 0.63s, depending on your actual application, ie is this a race car or street car, 6000 rpm redline or 8000 rpm redline, stuff like that. You might be best off giving your details to real pros like T'netics or Limit Engineering and seeing what they would recommend.

John

another option might be activating a timing retard with the transbrake button. that will really create some heat in the exhaust.

BigAl...