Exhaust shop needed, I think... maybe.

TTA579

Danger! High Voltage!
Tripped code 44 today. I'm going to be replacing my O2 sensor, but I have a feeling there's also a pre-cat exhaust leak going on. (You can smell it under boost, turbo even?)

Anyone know of a reliable shop? I'm in the south bay area, closer would be better.

Pretty easy to fix on your own with basic tools...
You should be able to hear a ticking noise if its leaking around the headers....just use a length of heater hose as a stethoscope...put one end to your ear and use the other end to poke around the headers until the ticking noise is the loudest (it will be obvious) and there's your leak....then determine if you just have lose header bolts...a cracked header, or if there are gaskets in there....a blown out gasket....all the above can be repaired easily by you with a little wrenching and patience.

TTA pass. side headers typically crack where the tubes go into the flange. They are not gasketed from the factory but from my understanding you can use FelPro MS93046 for a header gasket (metal backed) if needed.

I found the 02 sensor cracked. I managed to replace it with a crappy adjustable wrench when my 02 socket didn't fit in the space and I didn't have a 22mm wrench. The sensor failed electrically and was ready to fail mechanically, I pulled it apart with no effort at all. It's amazing how much better the car runs now after a tiny little part like that is replaced.

I should still look for exhaust leaks.

o2-M.jpg

Since you'll be looking for leaks...also check around your cross over pipe flanges...same method....;)