Exhaust work...

UrbsNSpices

Go-fast Boat
Having some exhaust work done...can anyone reccomend a shop in the northern/western Chicago burbs?

Every chain store Ive talked to wont touch anything infront of the cat. I may take the whole thing off from the downpipe back and bring it in to a welding house. Im trying to do this a cheaply as possible. I know a few custom speed shops that will do it but they like to charge ya like they are doing you some sort of great favor...

urbs

Probably a little more than an hour, but theres a bunch o' shops around here you could inquire to. Theres one in Woodstock called ProTech, they do pretty good work. Theres one in Crystal Lake(next to woodstock) called Ultimate Exhaust and a few in McHenry. I dunno if you'd wanna come all the way up here for that....seems like someone around you would do the work. If u want the #'s lemme know--later

info

Thanks for the info guys. Im going to bug that guy at Midas. Ive been to two other Midas shops with no luck. This guy sounds promising.

Urbs

Hey dude just replace the exhaust yourself. By the way I'm located in schaumburg. I just put on my THDP (3") and my atr 2 1/2" exhaust on this weekend. Took me about 4 hours. Its not very tough to do. Hey do you ever go up to Barrington and Irving Park, by the mcdonalds??? I'm usually the only GN guy around there. Although once there was one guy with a bad ass 11 sec GN in perfect condition inside and out. Anyway the exhaust work is pretty easy, and you can save yourself a couple bucks by doing it yourself.:D

i like fair mufflers in skokie... they are off of crawford and touhy. real nice work and good prices :cool:

Hanover Park action

qbano65, I live down the road in streamwood, off Schaumburgrd

I always check the corner of Irving Park for a GN. I guess I havent seen you yet. Actually I check for any buick, I have never seen one except for a lowrider.

I would install it myself, but Im having a cut out put in. There is welding involved. Anyone out there handy with an arc welder?

Actually I haven't taken my GN with me for a couple of weeks. Too many people asking too many stupid questions kind of gets to you after a while. It's great to drive by and hear " oh look man there's a GN" but I get pretty upset when I take it up there and I hear "hey nice monte." The thing that sucks about barrington and irving is there are alot of people who dont know what theyre talking about, that think they do.:mad: Anyway since i'm done ranting. My GN isnt the prettiest one out there (were getting it painted in a month or so, then it will be;)) so I dont really show it off. But I will be there tonight, and so will the GN. :p

Carlos

GN sighting

Hey, qbano65

You wouldnt happen to park at that White Hen on county-farm/barrington road, over by the Hanover Park Train station would you?

First time I saw it I did a U and checked it out. It needed some paint and a little chunk o trim. But it was still cool. My girlfriend though it was pretty odd to stop and look at some old black car:D

There do seem to be a lot of weiners out there. Although I have never spoken to any one out there, I doubt I would get any respect from anyone.

I have gone to the white hen. I do need paint however I am not missing any trim (at least that I know of;)). Usually when I go to Barrington and Irving I leave my car near the blockbuster there. As for the respect thing rivieras are pretty cool, and if anyone gives you crap (which they shouldnt) just go ahead and beat the crap out of them;). Or you could just race them:D . Seriously I dont think anyone but the ricers would give you crap, and you can probably beat them.:eek:

Barrington and Irving Park Roads, in Hanover Park, Il

Thats not a bad drive for me, 57 mins according to yahoo:rolleyes: probably more like 45. I may hafta drive over some time an get the TR guys here to come w/.:)

You definitely should come, and you should also definitely let me know when you're coming. :D Bring lots of TR guys and we'll put on a show. It's pretty much every friday and saturday at barrington and irving, than around 11 or 12 the big timers move over to cue-can-do to setup big money races;) . Let me know when and we'll go run a muck.;) :p :D

hey i go there a lot! if you guys are going does anyone wanna give me a call? id want to hang out with some fellow TR peeps :cool: 847-682-9625

Sure thing guys....just hafta get in touch w/ the guys around here an see if they wanna go. If not, i'm gonna come sometime anyway. I'll let u guys know in a few days...later--Dan