external wastgate

85 TR

i have a atr wastegate and it is leaking a little making it hard to build boost at the line is there another wastegate that uses the same flange so i could just buy it and bolt it up ? just dont want to pull the crossover pipe and have another flange welded on.

thanks

I had the same dilemma. Apparently there is nothing that fits exact. You have 2 choices. Send the ATR gate to John Craig who modifies it with a stainless steel valve guide (among other things), instead of the stick prone bronze one. I went this route and it worked A-OK. It did require maintenance still.. ie: occasionally take it apart and anti-sieze the valve stem. Or you can cut the flanges off and weld on flanges for a new gate.

You could also change the DP of course to something else and have it made for whatever gate you plan on using. I have an HKS gate on mine and the gate sits down lower than the ATR setup did. Pics are at turbojim.com under modifications so you know what it looks like.

Jim

....for what it's worth.....I went from an atr gate to a turbonetics Racegate and all I had to do was enlarge the holes a little bit in the flange, in other words, the spread on the mounting holes on the RG was greater than the atr...good luck