Extreme Automatic Transmission problem

I have been a tech for GM for several years and I can honestly say that the 2004r transmission is a piece of crap.No matter how good of a builder you are or how careful you are there always is a problem.Sometimes you get one thats great but most of the time not. I would not want to be a builder who has to sell and guarantee these units.Extreme and CK are both great builders with great reputations. Hats off to both.

There are more than a few Turbo Buick guys who have been running these transmissions for a LOT longer than your "several" years of experience young man, so perhaps you should listen, experience and learn some things before you lay down a blanket statement like "The 2004r transmission is a piece of crap."

Now, if I am somehow wrong and you are the Mack Daddy 'o Transmissions, I will be the first to apologize and salute your wisdom.

However, the fact is you're the guy who started this thread without even contacting the builder before you went and blew him up.

Then you go on to basically say "Oh. sorry, it's all OK....."

Others have hinted, so I'll go ahead and say it. That move was pure Horse Shit.

H-O-R-S-E-S-H-I-T.

So, are you now the guy we should all be listening to, or are you just another young, 4 year outta school armchair transmission expert wannabe that thinks he needs to be heard?

Or, are you just blowing smoke?

I'm just askin', like so many others.........

I have been a tech for GM for several years and I can honestly say that the 2004r transmission is a piece of crap.............

In 1987, I heard almost the same comment out of the mouth of Art Carr at an event at Turbo City in Anaheim, CA, and he had to eat those words after a few years when he was building them for race GN's!:D

Would you like salt and pepper with your comment, or would you like to continue with other inane comments now that you have told the world you are inept as a GM trans builder? :eek:

newkid87GN said:
I have been a tech for GM for several years and I can honestly say that the 2004r transmission is a piece of crap.No matter how good of a builder you are or how careful you are there always is a problem.Sometimes you get one thats great but most of the time not. I would not want to be a builder who has to sell and guarantee these units.Extreme and CK are both great builders with great reputations. Hats off to both.

When you put 3 or more times the HP/torque into a trans than it was originally designed for there will be problems no matter the transmission. I don't care if it is a 727, c6, or th400, that much extra HP you need a special build.

Great to see the problems get resolved. Great job!

There are more than a few Turbo Buick guys who have been running these transmissions for a LOT longer than your "several" years of experience young man, so perhaps you should listen, experience and learn some things before you lay down a blanket statement like "The 2004r transmission is a piece of crap."

Now, if I am somehow wrong and you are the Mack Daddy 'o Transmissions, I will be the first to apologize and salute your wisdom.

However, the fact is you're the guy who started this thread without even contacting the builder before you went and blew him up.

Then you go on to basically say "Oh. sorry, it's all OK....."

Others have hinted, so I'll go ahead and say it. That move was pure Horse Shit.

H-O-R-S-E-S-H-I-T.

So, are you now the guy we should all be listening to, or are you just another young, 4 year outta school armchair transmission expert wannabe that thinks he needs to be heard?

Or, are you just blowing smoke?

I'm just askin', like so many others.........
The 2004r transmission is a piece of crap thats not a blanket statement its the truth,,I dont claim to be an expert like you said and did not in any way blow up Extreme as you stated.I was having a problem and posted a thread with the possibility of someone else having a similar problem and possibly helping me out..Isnt that what this forum is for?

I would like to opologize to all you guys,,for all of my unecessary commets.... Its just frustrating when you keep pumping more and more money into a car that has one problem after another..Hope you guys can understand...

newkid87GN said:
I would like to opologize to all you guys,,for all of my unecessary commets.... Its just frustrating when you keep pumping more and more money into a car that has one problem after another..Hope you guys can understand...

Rest assured you aren't the first and surely won't be the last. I personally have had the trans in and out of the car no less than twenty times before it got sorted out. This was done on my back in the driveway with the car on ramps. Trans fluid hair is "fun", not!
Good to hear you are getting yours worked out.

Ditto on above, i've got to be close to dropping the trans 20 times. By now i can have it out in under 30 minutes. and yes i have timed myself. Stick with it.. get it done.

There isn't an owner on this forum who hasn't dealt with the same emotions and/or felt the same types of frustrations you are feeling.

Don't let it or any of the pricks here (who, ME?) get you down.;)

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about transmissions.

You guys are all right. Actually the trans didnt fail,as it turns out it was in issue with the new torque converter.I called Lonnie and opologized to him.I feel like such a dick..I sent the trans back to him for a billet drum upgrade and so he can make sure nothing else got damaged..Lonnie is a great guy to deal with,he really does stand behind his product.... Now I have to deal with this converter issue,,,Happy 4th everyone..

Lonnie builds an awesome trans and is a great guy to boot. I am glad you posted an apology, Lonnie really cares about his customers and will go the extra mile for them.

Finally got it up and running so far so good.Shifts much better Lonnie installed a billet drum for durability and Pats built me a 12" 2800 stall converter.Works great

Finally got it up and running so far so good.Shifts much better Lonnie installed a billet drum for durability and Pats built me a 12" 2800 stall converter.Works great

You're already up and running again. It will soon be a distant memory. Ye Ha!

Some unsuspecting ricers goin' get tore up............:cool:

Glad it all worked out!