Extreme Automatics?

TurboJunky

Fire the Federal Gov't
TB.com community,
My car is in need of a transmission that'll handle the power my car is putting down and for the 2nd time (1st with the original owner, and now me) the car has lost 2nd gear. The internals of the slightly modified transmission can't handle the power my engine is putting through it.

That being said, I'm seeking advice on the vendor that's listed in the VENDOR section of TB.com called "Extreme Automatics". Anyone have input on this transmission vendor? I'm putting down 476hp at the rear wheels on a chassis dyno according to the original owner/builder and from what I can tell it's putting all of that down, and maybe then some.

I was looking at their "Stage II" 200R4 for to handle the power of my TR. Any thoughts?

Lonnie makes a kick ass trans for our cars. I'm running his stage 3 and it's taken one hell of a beating and keeps on ticking.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Lonnie makes a kick ass trans for our cars. I'm running his stage 3 and it's taken one hell of a beating and keeps on ticking.

Excellent! That's great news. I just got into contact with the original owner/builder of my car and he just stated with 116 octane fuel and 25lbs of boost it's most likely capable of putting down 600RWHP (that's not my goal) but you think his Stage II would be good? I'm not a 1/4 mile guy, just want something reliable with FIRM 1-2-3-4 shifts that won't break.

Talk to Lonnie. I'm over 600 on his stage 3. I belive the stage 2 will live just fine for your application but call the man himself

TB.com community,
My car is in need of a transmission that'll handle the power my car is putting down and for the 2nd time (1st with the original owner, and now me) the car has lost 2nd gear. The internals of the slightly modified transmission can't handle the power my engine is putting through it.

That being said, I'm seeking advice on the vendor that's listed in the VENDOR section of TB.com called "Extreme Automatics". Anyone have input on this transmission vendor? I'm putting down 476hp at the rear wheels on a chassis dyno according to the original owner/builder and from what I can tell it's putting all of that down, and maybe then some.

I was looking at their "Stage II" 200R4 for to handle the power of my TR. Any thoughts?
Where are you located? Janis Transmissions is in Akron,Ohio and his trannys are in all of our 9 sec cars and at least one 8 sec car that I know of. He is a vendor also.

Lonnie is a great guy to deal with. I'm just in the process of installing one of his stage III transmissions.

Where are you located? Janis Transmissions is in Akron,Ohio and his trannys are in all of our 9 sec cars and at least one 8 sec car that I know of. He is a vendor also.

I'm in southern lower Michigan.

Don't think you can go wrong w/any of the vendors. I have Lonnies stage III for years @ 600+rwhp.

Extreme Automatics. Period. I have had his Stage III in my car for 2 years and it does not have an easy life! Plus his customer service is great.

Thumbs up for Extreme Automatic and Janis Transmissions. You are in Michigan, so might look up Brian Hoffer. He has a good reputation also. You also have Kevin Mallender. I have one of his Stage Rite transbrakes in one of my trannys. You can't go wrong with the Tranny Builders on this board.

I'm in southern lower Michigan.
I have not heard of any issues with Lonnie's trannys. Always rock solid. Vince Janis is no slouch in the business either, and he is prob a few hours from you. I am 1 1/2 hours from Vince and he did my new tranny.
If your willing to ship your tranny...all the tranny vendors are very good.

Regardless of the builder, do not do full power 3-4 shifts. The planetary does not like it among other things, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless of the builder, do not do full power 3-4 shifts. The planetary does not like it among other things, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
There are aftermarket fixes for a planetary cratering. Adding a third clutch in fourth just adds more stress to the planetary. Depends on how much power you are trying to put through it.

Lonnie advertises the stage II up to 750 H.P. .

I can vouch that it will handle over 600 H.P. myself.

I swear by his trans, I have run through all gears under full boost with only one problem.

I broke the planetary on a 2/3 shift. When I brought it back to be fixed that was the only issue.

Everything else in the trans including clutches and band looked like new. I beat on this trans for a year before the failure. It proves that the line pressures and calibrations are perfect. I was amazed at the condition, to have no wear on the clutches or steels I wouldn't have believed that they had over 3,000 hard miles on them if I didn't see it with my own eyes.

Lonnie's stage 2 here. Line pressure is very linear, his transmission is the only one I will run. Converter is very important also (PTC) I recommend both to every one that asks.

Been driving around for the last 3 days with the EA Stage III. Pressures are bang on and it shifts very nice, not harsh at all. What a difference from the stock transmission. Can't wait to go to the track!

Been driving around for the last 3 days with the EA Stage III. Pressures are bang on and it shifts very nice, not harsh at all. What a difference from the stock transmission. Can't wait to go to the track!

He does build a nice trans :)