F.A.S.T vs Scanmaster

WANNAGOFAST

This may be a stupid question, but here goes.... If I have a FAST system do I need a Scanmaster too? I think the FAST system will monitor all the parameters that the Scanmaster does, but not sure. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I wanted to use the scanmaster with the fast system for those times that I don't have the laptop in the car (until someone makes c-com work on a palm pilot that is). But the scanmaster doesn't work with the FAST system. I don't think FAST puts data out to the ALDL connector or something. But unfortunately, it's one or the other. FAST is an AWESOME system though. So now I'm trying to get my homemade knock sensor working again so I at least have that indication when the laptop isn't with me.

Derrick

Geez, I wish I could make my laptop into my dashboard in the car. Now is that my million dollar idea for this lifetime??? Hmmmmm... :)

How about those PocketPC deals. Do they have serial ports, and will C-ComWP run on one?

I guess to follow-up on my question. I have a FAST system, but not installed yet. It was suggested by some friends to get a Scanmaster to help tune the car. I think the FAST system is going to tell me the same thing as the Scanmaster does. Is this correct or should I still get the Scanmaster and use it in conjunction with the FAST system? Does the FAST system monitor degrees of knock?

Scanmaster won't work with FAST. Yes, FAST will tell you all the same stuff, but you have to have the laptop hooked up to record stuff. It does monitor knock and will retard for knock based on the settings you put in the program.

It would be cool to have a small display that would show actual A/F and knock though.

Eric

FAST and KNOK sensing

The knok sensor works only if you have the B2B FAST system.. Seq. does not.;)