F-body radiator???

Donniejr81

Ive heard of several TR owners putting F-body radiators in their car. What year/engine combo should I ask for if I go the F-body rad route? Also, is it just a better choice for a radiator...how do they fit compared to stock??

I belive like a 1990 firebird 5.7 ltr will do when searching. As far as the radiator goes...best investment on my car besides alky, I payed $97 for it and the car never goes above 167....Can't beat it, also it fits like it is supposed to, had to bend the trans lines a tiny bit but no biggie

Hey thats 2 VERY good bonuses...runs cooler and its lighter. Hopefully the 10lbs or so Ill save with the radiator will offset the 10lbs Ive gained in the form of my awesome 6 pack ab protect-o-shield:cool:

I have a V2 front mount in my car, Fbody radiator and in the summer with the A/C on, driving around kind of "spiritedly" and the temp will not go above 183. No matter how hard I push the car. Keeps it pretty damn cool.:)

I got mine on a manager's special 10% off deal at advance auto I think and it was $78. I don't use the built in radiator coolers, which makes this a perfect radiator if you have your own tranny and oil coolers.