F-Body Twin Fans?

Darkside,

>>>relay and a fully adjustable temp control

1/. are these Chrysler product or generic??
2/. are these actually plug & play to the intrepid fan and the buick wiring?
3/. what did you ask for when you went to Autozone... I need to ask the local NAPA shop in Canada

thanks.... dave

Dave, I understand casper's has a plug and play setup for these fans. As far as I know the Intrepid fans are unique to them, but I know little about Chrysler products. The Imperial kits mentioned above will still work and come with good instructions. The adjustable kit(kit 226203) two wires would plug where you would plug into the other kits brass sensor probe(kit 226206). The adjustable sensor can mount on the fender or snug it under the core support lip for that stealth look. Napa should be able to cross reference the above kits numbers, instructions even come in Spanish and French. Hope this helps.

One of the Intrepids fans is a two speed which makes it easier for stable temps and less impact on charging system when they first engage. Each fan will spike at about 60 amps to start and then about 20 amps running. You should also use two relays.

Other alternative for fans is from a 98 and up Mark VIII. 4400 cfm.

i have a stock fan on my 87 gn, but had to cut the connector harness out due to a some wiring problems, so now i have it wired straight through (no connector) and its wired to stay on high speed will one of these intrepid fans or lt1 fans work for me, any help appreciated

Just follow the recommendations in the previous posts, if you have any other questions just let me know. Intrepid fan fits rather well. I am emailing a picture.

Darkside, could you send the pics my way, too? I would like to see if maybe these fans will work on my Roadmaster wagon. I wasn't sure how to wire them but the kits you mentioned seem like a good way to do this.:)

Thanks for the pics.:) BTW, did that rad. really "bolt right in" or were any mods required? I want it to look 100% factory. Also, what did you do for the oil cooler?

My car is a hot air and I have no oil cooler. I actually made two brackets from car stereo kit. I also had an extra plastic tie used from an old trans cooler kit on the bottom of the fan. I feel my fans look factory, in fact I think you would have to own a hot air to tell if it did not look factory?I don't know how long a intercooled cars radiator is, as far as interference with the oil cooler? I would find an intrepid fan from a yard cheap, if all else fails you will get your money back for the fan?

hey darkside thanks for the pics, i'll definitly be hitting the junk yards looking for one of these

Larry,
Pics should be in your box! Broke firebird350, I should have some install pictures by this weekend. It has been too cold to mess with.

Too cold.....hahaha....u live in Florida man! My entire county is covered in ice right now w/ temps in the low teens....thats cold....can't wait for some warm weather i HATE winter sooo much. One day I'm gonna move to a warmer climate.

Take your time w/ the pics tho, I was just makin sure u didnt forget about me ;) I appreciate your help, Steve

Dude, You don't understand? It got down to 30* F. I had to put pants on yesterday and bring in my pineapple plants so they would not get cold! Ha, Ha. I should have time to get some pics this weekend.