Factory posi

GMTECH12002

Not sure where to ask this question but here we go, is there anything I can do for my possi unit in my 87 gn to increase clutch pressure, anything from a known good additive to maybe changing springs or adding a clutch plate

If it's factory then you can rebuild it if you can find the parts. Get stronger springs for it at the same time.;)

I have a 59k mile car I'm hoping to not have to buy a new unit but maybe put some good clutch conditioner in or maybe upgrade the springs and keep my factory setup, this way I don't need to resetup the clearances for the carrier bearings

charlief1 said:
If it's factory then you can rebuild it if you can find the parts. Get stronger springs for it at the same time.;)

I saw a post on another board that touted a rebuild kit for $199. I'll see if I can find it again. It did note that the spider gears are not being reproduced.

the rebuild kit used to be available from GM- the same posi unit was used in across the lineup from the Camaro to 1/2 ton trucks for about 25 years, so they sold quite a few of them.. but GM stopped selling it a while back, i think..
but, yeah, change the fluid and see if that helps... i like the Amsoil premium gear oil and haven't ever needed to use a posi additive in anything i've put it in..