Factory short block

lilbowtie

My buddy is moving and we came across a factory short block that he had bought out of Flint back in the day. He's thinking about selling it - whats it worth???

short block

How could anyone possibly know without knowing what kind of short block it is ????? more information would be help full

block

Brain fade hiboom - It is a turbo short block, he bought it as a spare for his 87 t-type.

short block

wasn't being a smart as and would have been interested in buying as i'm in need of a 109 just was wanting you to post more information I asume nothing.

Understood - like I said I just wasn't thinking anything but turbo and there is a lot of V-6's. It's a 25527476 - 109 casting.

Is it a SG1 ?

all replacement blocks after 88 were marked SG1-------that signified that it was a "service" part--------largest application after use in the 89 trans am was for the API oil testing program-------GM made them available for that program long after they could be purchased as service parts

i haven't paid more then 800-1000 for a complete long block with turbo and manifolds so 400-500 if stored properly imo.

Moving this to the lounge since the op is not looking for tech here. Fwiw Richard is spot on. I'll take all the shortblocks I can get for $500. Lol