Factory speaker wire...

FastB

I have a alpine head unit, orion 6x9's and new Clarion dash speakers and my stereo sounds aweful! Has zero bass or mid range...I realize the dash speakers aren't very good and the "sound stage" sucks in these cars but seems like it could be better.
I'm wondering if the factory wiring is affecting the way it sounds?
My car has never had concert sound...and I'm sure adding door speakers or Q-forms would help also...but surely I can get just an average sound out of what I have.

wire is wire.

I lost a bunch of "low end" when I replaced the stock speakers with some Infinity 6x9's. I think they are probably designed to be used with a sub.

Now I just need to install my sub....

This looks like a job for Captain Electrical

Then maybe the adapters for the 6x9's are making them hard to hear....back in High School I had a 1980 Buick and it just had Jensen 6x9's and Jensen head unit and it sounded amazing...ppl thought I had a sub in the trunk.

I'm not looking for amazing...just normal would be nice. :)

wire is wire.

I lost a bunch of "low end" when I replaced the stock speakers with some Infinity 6x9's. I think they are probably designed to be used with a sub.

Now I just need to install my sub....
Stock wire is wire when your talking about 15-20 watts. When you start getting past that, then you start having a marked degradation of sound.

Also wire that has corrosion starting in it affects sound as well.

Some might say that I am splitting hairs here, but even my 47 year old ears can tell a difference when a car is upgraded with cables and wire.

Make sure you have the polarity correct on all the speakers. Try adjusting the fade and balance to one speaker at a time, and see if they sound better.