@ 1565 rpm -15mph
HC- 172
CO%- .68
NO- 1549

@1534 rpm -25mph
HC- 95
CO%- .23
NO- 0325

Car is 87 T- stock turbo, IC, deltagate, FPR, 009's, there is a cat, runs fine with no real issues. Car was semi-warm when tested as it sat in line waiting to be tested. I can provide scanmaster numbers too if it helps.
Passed visual inspection and functional check.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this??

How did it pass a visual w/no cat? Put a cat on it turn down F/P.get car hot be4 test.Hotter thermostat may help along with emission chip.

Id try 38 to 40 range,but would get Eric to burn you an emission chip for your setup and go with his chip recs.Stock chip may also get you thru with FP around 36 to 38.

I think thats the best move,you can pop it in every yr w/o the worry or spending extra to get car thru.

Your nox gases at the 15mph seem kinda high are you withing specs for that i know hc are high but what about the nox.

blackstallion said:
Your nox gases at the 15mph seem kinda high are you withing specs for that i know hc are high but what about the nox.

What he said. Is your EGR system functioning properly? do you have a stock PCV valve and EGR valve on the engine? Since the factory PCV valve is no longer available, NAPA auto parts may be the closest match. Factory EGR valve is still available from GM.

I have an EGR on the car. As far as I know there isn't a way to test if it's bad... Also, I have the PCV valve but I haven't checked it.

I've turned the fuel way down and am waiting for my emissions chip. I'll check the PCV tomorrow. Is there any test I can do to check the EGR??

Regarding EGR valve. With engine running, place finger under the diaphram and push it up. the engine should stumble or die. If you have a scan tool that reads EGR duty cycle, you can tell what the computer thinks the EGR position is. If you have the help of a friend, engine running, in any forward gear, blip the throttle slightly, with finger on EGR diaphram and the EGR diaphram should move. Don't blip the throttle so hard that you approach the torque converter stall speed!

Maybe change your CAT, make sure your EGR will hold vaccum (I use one of those brake bleeders that you pump that has a gauge on it), get a smog chip from turbo tweak. Set FP to 38# with the TT chip. Change your oil, clean or change your air filter. Don't try it again with you current chip. Oh and pray :biggrin:

I didn't think passing smog would be so tough considering my 86 GN passed with an old and worn 02 sensor, a KB chip and what turned out to be a very bad cat (it was in chunky pieces when I pulled it). I mean it was at or below average levels!

Anyway, I've ordered the TT chip and will set the FP lower. Oh yeah, and I'll pray too :p