Emissions chip installed. New Cat. and she failed on the NOx

HC - CO - NOx

limit 132 - .42 - 921
tested 57 - .02 - 1407 (fail)

Emissions chip installed. New Cat. and she failed on the NOx

HC - CO - NOx

limit 132 - .42 - 921
tested 57 - .02 - 1407 (fail)
im facing the same thing...does your egr function? check for proper operation while engine is running by putting your hand underneath, blocking the diaphragm..it should stall engine....could be plugged shut with carbon, like mine was...i have a reject sticker from mass rt now, hoping for better luck on the retest

I'm don't remember , I know when I had the heads done. I plugged the front and back EGR holes. But I can not remember if I left the middle ones open.

I will give it the "test"

I think I might be able to richen it up a little more that should help.

I needed to have it tested to get my reg. renewed. I am running over to DMV tonight. Since they cashed my reg. check all ready. I will present my retest slip and see what happens.

Well, Just got back from the DMV , They will not renew my reg. until it pass's.

I'm going to check the EGR tonight , I don't know what else to do.

I think I found the problem. The EGR hose was unplug (it was unplugged When I pulled the cover.

If I depress the valve it self the engine does not stall but does run rough. So hopefully thats it.

well, i failed even worse than i did the first time. this time for nox and hc, but the car goes like crazy now, and I love it. cottons replaced the injectors and tt chip. i'm gonna see if the emissions chip will help...i want a sticker, but I don't plan on keeping it in the way the car is running now.

Boy we are having fun aren't we.

Would one gallon of denatured to 5 gallons of gas be to much alky ? . Since the computer will be trying to correct all the time.

Boy we are having fun aren't we.

Would one gallon of denatured to 5 gallons of gas be to much alky ? . Since the computer will be trying to correct all the time.

How old is your o2 sensor?

Do you have a scanmaster or some type of scantool?

The O2 sensor is about 2 years old , only 3K miles on it.

Scan tools , Power logger with scan master.

Well, I got it to pass. It took 3 tries. I end up raising the F.P. to 50# to bring the NOx down, and with the new cat here are the results. Using "pitts" emission chip and a new CAT.

HC CO NOX

LIMIT 132 .42 921

TESTED 106 .17 774

I turned my fp down in the parking lot before I went in for the test.
It was up just high enough so the car barely ran, and I finally passed.

Well, if I heard correctly, as of October, we in Mass don't have to worry about emissions any more. The dynos are out and only 96 and up will get tested with the OBD II port. Waahoo.

Well, if I heard correctly, as of October, we in Mass don't have to worry about emissions any more. The dynos are out and only 96 and up will get tested with the OBD II port. Waahoo.
not entirely true..after failing for the third time on sat, they said its not a done deal...it may or may not happen in october....here's hoping i pass soon and wont have to worry about it

if only you guys lived near me i would pass them hands down. By putting another car on or pulling the probe out of the exhaust a little. My cars not even running right now, but its going to pass emissions;) and inspection

Failed

Try about 24oz.of laquer thinner to about a half of a tank of fuel.I've done it on about 10 cars that failed,worked every time!!!!!