failed ont test

shmed

well heres the low down
87 gn 55 lb injs cat from quad air new pcv new egr controller and vac lines new motor 10 miles on it and heads. 206 cam turbo tweak emissions chip fuel set at 38 line off.

now the test results
40 km\h test
HC limit 92 result 103
CO limit .52 result .18
NO limit 1012 result 830
rpm 1166
dilution 13.56

curb idle
HC limit 300 result 128
CO limit 1.5 result .02
rpm 966
dil 13.42

got home check scanmaster af 06, lb 37, int 119-124, blm 133 cle 200 ats 130 rpm 900 tps .46 iac 00
well what do i do now??
thankls

Drive without a sticker, for the next year, or check what the actual a/f is with your lm-1 and adjust the chip accordingly.

umm ya a couple problems with that ....
i dont have a lm1 nor do i have access to any type of chip burning thing..
as for the sticker it expired 2 years ago already along with the ins....
i would like to get this actually figured out and fixed properly...
anyone else??

Well if oyu can afford gas to come to Toronto, you can come by here, just waiting on my exhaust clamp for the lm-1. We can burn a chip while you wait.....

Create a vacumm leak at the PCV. Ive actually done this in CT and it works. Get the block learn up to 150 at the testing load and it should go through. I just did this about a week ago after i failed (HC was 141ppm on a limit of 130ppm). After creating the leak it went down to 41ppm. You may want to get the idle speed up by opening the throttle blade with the screw . This will zero the IAC. Dont let them shut off the car before the test.

How old is your catalytic converter? A new converter will clean up the readings quite a bit if the old one is borderline.

If you're referring to failing a smog test, this is the last year you'll need it so just find somewhere that will pass you "close enough". They also sell that stuff at Canadian tire that's an additive that's supposed to clean up while you take the test, might wanna spend $20 and try that too.

If you get the co up a bit you will lower the hc value.
You can put all the cats you want on it,
but the cat needs some co to get the reaction going.
The best way to check the cat is to take a sample
before it then you can calculate its deterioration.
Low co also means lean misfire causing the high hc
raising the co will also lower the nox value. i would look
in fuel control a good co would be half the limit
the high rpm test is way to lean.

so would i be better off to just put in the stock injs and ecm and chip for this test?

i cant for the life of me figure out why the blms go from 128 down to 100 just idling ???

any help??

If it won't take you long to do, I'd say yes, hassle free. I know a guy putting on stock exhaust manfiolds, intake with EGR, cats, the works, just to pass his Camaro. lol. If you can do that stuff yourself in under a couple hours I'd say ya just do it.

well went for the retest today....and i passed.....
heres the results
40kmh
hcppm limit 92 reading 91
co% limit .52 reading .09
no ppm limit 1012 reading 252
rpm 1699
dilution 13.78

idle
hc limit 300 reading 135
co% limit 1.5 reading .01
rpm 872
dil 13.21

what i did was reset teh cam sensor with a volt meter instead of caspers tool
put in stock inj's stock ecm and chip ...fuel press was 40 line offf

i think theres still a problem with my adjustable regulator it wont seem to keep the pressure its set at??

Your CO was still very low causing the HC's to go high. Same with your NOx. Reducing the timing would have brought all of these emissions down.

An easy way to tell if the Cat is still working is to look at the O2 levels. High O2 (1.5-1.0%) indicate the cat is not capable of storing the O2 to burn the CO and HC's. Again... like someone else mentioned, this is provided you have "some" CO in order to make it a valid test and therefore the cat can do it's "store and release" function.

Also... a slowly switching O2 sensor will cause "drifting" (slightly high) readings. Always use a genuine GM/Delco O2 sensor, as the others I've seen aren't calibrated properly in switching (high/low volts) to work with the factory ECM and prom programming.