fake knock

wistleofdeath

the noise in Illinois.
I have my boost set at 14 lbs and I am running 93 octane and when I floor it my scanmaster showes anything from like 1.0 to 7.9 degrees of timing is being taken out. I know that it is not real knock because of the boost level and the octane, also I will turn my alky on and it does not go away. 14# 93 octane and alky should not knock. Does the knock sensor torque need to be right on and if it does what does it need to be at??? Also are there like any common sources of fake knock??? I have no clue where to start. Any help would be cool Thanks

Andy

the knock sensor should be torqued at 14 pounds. also, look for something banging around under the front of the car that could cause false knock, like downpipe, exhaust.

I will check my torque tonight see if it is off. I will also check my downpipe and such

Andy

sorry it took so long to reply. evrything looks fine as far as banging around and stuff. My next question is would a weak coilpack cause me to knock????

i think that the knock sensor should be hand tightened lkie 14 in-lbs shouldnt be that tight will pick up everything