fan question

three turbos

NUNLKME
I have a question, Im pretty sure I know the answere but I will get your input to. If im not mistaken your fan should keep running after you turn your key off til it cools to the proper temp then shut off correct? My fan goes on and off correctlly with no problem while driveing, now I do have the switch to be able to turn hi-lo-off at my convenience however I'm not real big on haveing to leave the keys on in the car while I go do whatever at the local cruize to allow the car to cool a bit.So would I be correct in saying my fan relay is not functioning properly? Or am I wrong in how the system works? Again I have NO cooling issue per say for driveing its just the shut down procedure Im questioning,any input would be helpful thanks,Eric

It will only use the fans when the car is off if the temp is over a certain temp.
What temps are you seeing at shut down?

fan

I have a switch hooked up the one that goes in between the fan and the ac switches but again it will only allow the fan to run when the key is on. The fans function under whatever Eric at TT has the chip set for.I guess my main thing is are they suppose to run after the key is off to cool down a bit?

fan on

On mine the fan runs after the key is off. Cant count the times people come up to me to tell me I left the fan on, hhhh!
BTW, it is suppose to be that way.

fan

Yeah thats the thing why does does mine not run after the key is off? Do i have a bad relay or something? What temp does your fan kick off at once you have shut off the car?My normal operating temps are 160-180 pretty normal I know I have shut my car off at 180 and the fan goes off with key.

Yeah thats the thing why does does mine not run after the key is off? Do i have a bad relay or something? What temp does your fan kick off at once you have shut off the car?My normal operating temps are 160-180 pretty normal I know I have shut my car off at 180 and the fan goes off with key.

The fan will only continue to run if the overtemp switch is enabled. This is around 226*. PM sent

Very common for the fan delay to go out as these cars age. If I remember correctly if you turn the car off with the AC engaged, the fan will stay running afterwards, so you could use that as a test. Relay is on the drivers side relay cluster on the fender and they are available through some of our vendors.