Farewell to the TR scene..

Ken87GN

Well, after 5 years of owning my GN I sold it today. I've had my ups and downs with it and overall it was an amazing car.. but, I need to get my finances in order and then start looking for another toy to play with soon. I would like to thank everyone for so much information that I learned over the years.

Now leaving the dark side....

Ken

SAD to see people leave the turbo buick scene-

hopefully in the future you will come back and enjoy another turbo regal of your choice-

we will see ya back someday:cool:

Sad to see anyone leave this scene....it's a relatively small community, and it sux when anyone departs. Hope your car found a worthy new home, and don't be a stranger! :)

Steve

Originally posted by Black Box
Sad to see anyone leave this scene....it's a relatively small community, and it sux when anyone departs. Hope your car found a worthy new home, and don't be a stranger! :)

Steve

agreed, however i hope the new owner keeps it in as nice of condition you did. Is he local? Ken will you still be hanging with any of the guys when there is a gathering?

Thanks guys.. I will miss the car but it did find a good home! The guy who bought it was a collector of all types of cars so I know it's not going to be run into the ground by some lead footed kid.

I will still lurk the board from time to time... just to check out the kills and such. :D I feel the TR community is growing smaller because of the lack of knowledge by mechanics and not enough resources for parts, etc. I'm not that advanced with wrenching on cars and this wasn't the kind of car I wanted to experiment on. And, the closest mechanic who knows these cars for me is 2 hours away. :(

I'm going to get myself financially situated the best I can and maybe sometime in the future if I come back, I already have my eye on the Designer Series Turbo-T!

Take care guys and play nice with the rice.....:D

Mike, the guy lives in Massachusetts and have a good feeling he will keep it nice and hopefully garaged! When he test drove the car he didn't even hit boost with it... maybe he's into gas mileage.

I think it's going to continue to live an easy life like it did with me.

TurboBuick Queens Chapter

Mike,
I told you that you were the Club President of the TurboBuick Queens Chapter.
Artie

:D nah its as far as i know Erik..... Artie going to BG this year, I will be attending as of now...

Good luck, I think you'll be back at some point.

We had a guy in our club who went ga-ga over the LS1's a year ago, sold his Turbo T and got the Z28. Now, he's ready to sell it cause it hasn't responded to any mods like the TR. He'll be back in a GN soon I predict.

Anyway, my question is that I keep hearing about vendors rumbling that the TR market is drying up, owners have their cars set up already, etc. etc., more people getting into restoration instead of chopping the cars up and racing. What are your guys thoughts?

Originally posted by arista5
:D nah its as far as i know Erik..... Artie going to BG this year, I will be attending as of now...

Yes to BG, KY and leaving for Norwalk tomorrow. PM where you are staying in BG, KY.

Where is Erik? Did he get married or something?

Well - I know how you feel. I am dropping my vehicle at Ron's next week to get it in perfect tune. After the rebuild I am seriously considering ebaying it after I return from vacation.

Again, driving it home when its back in tune may change that idea to - ah, ok, lets keep this in the garage - its way too much fun! But at this time I don't know if I crave the power anymore. I wouldn't mind getting an older convertible of some type and 'cruising' instead of 'prowling'!;)