fast and furious 4

In the first one the characters refer to Nitrous Oxide as Nos(notice its pronounced as a word like boss but with a N instead of a B). Now let me clarify, as far back as the 90s people around here would just simply call it Nitrous or it would be refered to as the "gun" as in "Im on horsepower and hes on the gun", or the "bottle". So the question is was the movie realistic? Does anyone in the country refer to Nitrous as Nos or is that just a Hollywood thing. When I heard that in the movie, I first thought that the technical advisor must have been the top student in his high school driving class. Your thoughts please.

They called it 'nawws' because of the brand name NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems). In the second one, NX was the sponsor, and if memory serves correct, there was not a single mention of 'nawws' in the whole movie. But the term 'nawws' has stuck no matter which brand you use.

Give me double what my GN's worth and you can do anything you want to it...

And if you'd prefer to steal it, I've got *real* good insurance...

strike

We Always Called It........

SQUEEZE.
cause thats what you to did to the trigger. or button
but sometimes if it ran lean, you'd call the reaction SNEEZE
and look out for flying parts !

I always called it nitrous. I hear alot of people that know nothing about cars calling is naassssssss because they seen it in the movie. Personally, unless you have a 86 or bigger turbo, i call it cheep speed.

if they do put a GNX in the movie, just think of all the black 82-87 GNX "clones" powered by 307's or NA 231's that will suddenly appear on ebay with a "buy it now" of over $10k.
just like every 69 Camaro ever built is now a Z/28, every 82-87 Regal will now be a GNX "just like in the movie"...

Heck I hope it happens...More money for the Bufords the better!

FWIW...I call nitrous spray

I hope they smash 10 actual gnx's to make the movie.

nice..lol!

i wonder if its gonna be a GNX or if edmunds is like every other person that tries to talk about buicks and refers to all turbo buicks as GNX's... i hate that!

i hope they have a second gen camaro in it. then maybe i can finnaly sell mine. i heard about this ff4 for a while with different plots. somehow me thinks vin and lucas will be a team and paul and tyreese will have to catch them or some crap. i like the ff movies. dumb as they are it opened my eyes to the real import scene. not the ricer guys but the real tuners that make some seriouse contenders for drag and autocross. some are stickered up but only cause they actually have sponsers. wish i could get that extra money.

plus there is usually a few hot chicks in the movie

yep, remeber everyone wanted to see the new camaro. i got a full drivetrain built to handle massive hp and i see roller thirdgens selling for more.
P1030083.jpg

P1030082.jpg

P1020695.jpg

basically sits like this. runs doesnt stop. i got 1/2 way thru all new brake and lines when i tore my shoulder at work. yea i know the wing looks a bit goofy but i like it, the whole thing is fiberglass no steel and at 100+mph it plants the rear nice. it was a drag car when i bought it and i was converting it for autox

If anything, it will benefit the Buick community. All of these idiots will be purchasing these cars for TOP DOLLAR and investing tons of $$$ to increase the performance. They will also be going through head gaskets and blown engines. The vendors will become profitable. Just as long as they don't increase their prices to the "true" Buick fans who were around before the movie.

Look at how much money these ricers invest in some of their vehicles. I just hope they don't start changing the paint colors of the GN and doing custom interiors with neon and Lambo style doors. :eek:

Look at what the movie "Gone in 60 seconds" did for the Fastback Mustang. Now you can't even find a rotted Fastback without getting a second mortgage on your home. Everybody wants "Eleanor".

If anything, it will benefit the Buick community. All of these idiots will be purchasing these cars for TOP DOLLAR and investing tons of $$$ to increase the performance. They will also be going through head gaskets and blown engines. The vendors will become profitable. Just as long as they don't increase their prices to the "true" Buick fans who were around before the movie.

good point, i didnt even think of the effect on vendors!!! better start sellin nitrous kits!

blown head gaskets, they wont know what to do!

cant wait to hear the stories, "i was runnin 40psi boost on 93 and i pulled that honda v-tec be four cars!"

those movies are gay as hell. I wouldn't let Paul Walker or Vin Dizzel touch my turd of a TR.

He'll probably be driving the X and start yelling "NAAAAAAAAAAAAWZ" when the turbo spools :rolleyes:

I agree, not sure if its the movie I would want to see one in. Kinda like having your car featured in a gay pride parade. Its publicity, but is it the publicity you would want?

kelly blue book quotes a value of 19,850 (with the cracking paint on the drivers side fixed), but the actual market doesnt reflect that. This movie may be the trigger thatr actually makes the cars worth that much. My wife kept giving me hell with "getting rid of your cobra to buy a 20 year old piece of **** car is the stupidest thing you've ever done! If anything goes wrong with it, dont ask me for a ride!" So last night after my wife picked me up from work cause it broke down, I told her the car bluebooks at almost 20k and suddenly all her **** talking ended. A car that actually increased in value. You figure with interest, I paid 40k for my cobra by the time the loan was payed off, and I was only able to sell it for 12,400. Great investment!

kelly blue book quotes a value of 19,850 (with the cracking paint on the drivers side fixed), but the actual market doesnt reflect that. This movie may be the trigger thatr actually makes the cars worth that much. My wife kept giving me hell with "getting rid of your cobra to buy a 20 year old piece of **** car is the stupidest thing you've ever done! If anything goes wrong with it, dont ask me for a ride!" So last night after my wife picked me up from work cause it broke down, I told her the car bluebooks at almost 20k and suddenly all her **** talking ended. A car that actually increased in value. You figure with interest, I paid 40k for my cobra by the time the loan was payed off, and I was only able to sell it for 12,400. Great investment!

wow last time i checked blue book i think it thought my ttype was a N/a regal. just checked and my car is almost 20000, thats awesome!

wait check this out. thats f'd up... $2295!?
Kelley Blue Book - Enter Your ZIP Code

wow last time i checked blue book i think it thought my ttype was a N/a regal. just checked and my car is almost 20000, thats awesome!

wait check this out. thats f'd up... $2295!?

You need to go back to the beginning where it gives you the option of grand national coupe and the numbers change. I updated it with all my factory options and got 16,840 for good condition and 155,000 miles with trade in. With privaye party its over 20k. I guess the turbo t's dont command all that much money. The non turbo is 600 bucks! lololol