FAST config and log files, comments welcome

mosk

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I need to make some adjustments to my existing FAST B2B/WBO2 configuration, and would welcome some input. The motor is a turbo 2.4l four cylinder that has recently been rebuilt. Prior to rebuilding the motor the FAST system had been professionally tuned by a very good local tuner.

When we rebuilt we decided to open the combustion chambers by 4cc, which lowered compression to ~8.25:1, so that I can ultimately run more timing. We also changed to a more radical cam. To get the engine running with these changes, my tuner suggested increasing the value for the injector size by about 10%, which leaned things out and seemed to make the existing values fall in line.

While I plan on taking the motor back to the same tuner for a full retune, I need to do some touch up on these tables first so I can finish breaking in the new motor.

The link below contains the current .gct file and a 90 second log file from this morning (street driving up a fairly steep hill near where I live, max boost currently limited to ~5 psi). I would welcome whatever comments or suggestions anyone might care to offer.

In looking at the overlays on the VE table, there are a few instances where I'm maxing out the AF correction (some -25%, others +25%), and more instances where I'm off by more than +/- 10%. Overall, however, the engine feels like its running well, so I think the AF table is still pretty close, and I would like to try working on the VE table to reduce the AF correction swings. Does this sound like the right approach?

I'm still climbing the learning curve on this, so I would welcome any feedback anyone would care to give on possible changes. My files can be downloaded from this link:

http://www.well.com/user/mosk/images/jeffs_ccom_files.zip

Thanks, and sorry for the novel.

Jeff

I really don't see much boost at all , and it would be best to do a wide open pass for about maybe 5 seconds in 3rd gear, this is where you will get better data! From what i see it still seems a bit lean all over. Need better data to make some firm ve changes. Or you could use the DOS version and use the L key to get you close, but do it at constant speed and only press it once for that cell!

Thanks, norbs. I did notice that it was running a bit lean, so that is something I need to address.

I have the boost turned down to 5 psi because the motor only has about 20 miles on it so far, and I'm still breaking it in. I was planning on getting the VE map fairly good at low boost and then driving it to my tuner's (after putting a thousand or more miles on it) for some full boost tuning.

Thanks for taking the time to look at the files.

Jeff