FAST XFI IAC Question

mike67cam

I am getting ready to start a new BBC that is using a FAST XFI ECU. I have powered up the ECU with all sensors, injectors, etc. connected to test if everything is wired correctly(I'm waiting for a fuel tank, so I can't start it yet). All sensors are showing the expected readings (MAP, air temp, water temp) and the TPS is working correctly. I am not sure about the IAC. Is there a way to test this? The throttle follower shows the IAC should be at 20 but the dashboard indicates the IAC Target is 90. Does the IAC not move until the engine is cranked? The IAC status is 15 so I’m not sure if there is a problem. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

The IAC range in counts is 180. This system, on powerup, goes to the halfway point, and as soon as it receives a crank pulse it moves to the position required by the starting IAC position graph. There's really not a lot you can do to test the IAC prior to running the engine. If it controls idle speed OK, it's working.

Thanks Craig. I will be cranking it over next weekend. I should know if everything is ok then...

Mike