Fast Xfi!!!

Will do.
Got my trans all squared away now,
So high boost launches come next:D
Be down on the 9TH

will this setup swap directly with the pin outs so we can leave our harnesses existing, and add wires for the new features??

Also will their be anykind of upgrade special for those with existing systems??

I have prolly the slowest FAST system in the nation in my truck at 12.28 at 111.40 LOL..

The XFI has new plugs with a lot more pins in it. I am currently running mine with an adaptor harness with extra wires coming out of it.

Originally posted by HighPSI
The XFI has new plugs with a lot more pins in it. I am currently running mine with an adaptor harness with extra wires coming out of it.
Until i get there and sneek it out when your not looking:D

Got to play with Cal's XFI software last thursday,I am ordering one just for the abilty to run a 4 or 5 bar map and use the variable scaling for some serious fine tuning.
Plus the digital and analog input will be great for additional datalogging

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Plus the digital and analog input will be great for additional datalogging

Going to test some more turbos tonight. I just wired in the fuel and oil pressure sendors to log them on the XFI unit. EGT Sensor's will be next :)

You can run a 5 bar map on the old fast system also, no need to spend an undisclosed amount:)

Originally posted by norbs
You can run a 5 bar map on the old fast system also, no need to spend an undisclosed amount:)

You missed his point. You can run a 5 bar with the old system, but you lost a LOT of resolution (unless your running 60 psi of boost). With the new system you can scale the map accordingly (perhaps make the top row 35 psi instead of 60).

It seems to me, your troubed by the fact that pricing isn't finalized. By the time the XFI is available, they will know the pricing. Perhaps I should have been more secretive with my testing and not said anything until the box was released.

Nightdiver: The software is still a beta version

Cal,
I appreciate the info. I ended up going with the Gen 7 this winter due to avaiability and price. I still may consider a XFI, whenever it does become available, depending on it's features. I would especially like a full datalog feature, with conv efficiency and 6 EGT inputs. If I could eliminate the Red Alert and use just one box it would greatly simplify things under my dash. So far I really like the Gen 7 it has a lot to offer but it still has some shortcomings, although they are VERY minor. PLEASE tell me the new XFI will be USB compatable? How these aftermarket systems are produced with the idea they can be tuned with a laptop and serial port when serial ports haven't been used on laptops in five years is beyond me.
Chris Lyons
87 GN 9.01@153

Chris,
I am using an adaptor harness, so it still uses my old communication set up. FAST does sell the correct USB to serial port adaptor (part# 30-7044) for use on the current system.

I just will have to wait for the price after release:eek:

Hi Cal,

I just put two and two together and FINALLY got four..

You have to be the Cal that Marty at KRC was telling me about.

I am interested in the tuning work, and programming for the XFi to adapt to the Dakota as well as the potential for trans control, though not holding my breath for that on these bass ackward transmissions. ie.. 46RE..

I sent Marty a copy of my program and a log file, he wanted to look over to see if he could see anything to improve. I am not having problems, but he mentioned he has learned alot from you and wanted to see how I was doing with it.

Can you kick him in the shins and ask him to respond and ask him where the CD for me is?? latest version of software I think is what he was sending me.. I am still ancient 1.05 it seems with no adjustability of logging setpoints.

Originally posted by HighPSI
I was helping KRC with some issues they were having with the twin turbo truck. While I was there I gave them the latest version of the software. All you need to do is click on the link below to get the upgrade:

http://www.fuelairspark.com/downloads/software/C-ComWP102_Update.exe

or

http://www.fuelairspark.com/downloads/software/C-ComWP102_Update.zip

Cal I downloaded both files and when installing them and then trying to run them I get a regrestration file corrupt error on both files and it won't run.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Neal

These files are only updates, not complete. If you don't already have the Windows software they won't work.

I do have C-Com Wp version 1.009. I install the up date and it tells me it's complete and then look at the version number of what I have and it still shows 1.009.

Thanks

Sorry I tried to load it again. This time use the right file name and it said it was sucessful. But looking at the help button and click on about still shows version 1.009.

I guess if it was sucessful it must be there.

thanks again

Neal i knew you were a computer guru. Good luck with it

Originally posted by norbs
Neal i knew you were a computer guru. Good luck with it

I guess it's like the car. If nothing is wrong don't mess with it!
But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! hehehe