Fasten your seat belt

KENAN_JAMES

for some reason my fasten seatbelt sign comes on then goes off. Even when I am wearing it,this happens usually over bumpy roads. I am sure it's a bad relay or somthing. The problem is I don't know were to check or what I would have to replace. Can sombody help its kinda annoying. :confused:

its a simple fix, Just put some black electircal tape over the idoit light :)

how did your trip to sunny AZ turn out? did you enjoy the day at the track?

Gnttyp.org or vortexbuick.com should have the right diagram to walk you through this.

Replace the chime module. I think its above your right leg behind the hush panel...kinda between the radio pod and the steering column. Some are red, some black. Its a box around the size of a pack of smokes. Has one row of 4 terms, and one row of 3...jeez, been so long I think thats where it is.... I know its there on something that I have worked on :p I do know its a pain in the arm to get out because there are little lock tabs that you cant get yer fingers on.

Unplugging the connector does not help the problem. You do need the chime module or alarm as GM calls it. Part # (2552-4794). I have replaced them in both my cars and it took care of more than one problem because the headlamps and ignition are link through it too.

If the engine cuts out also, consider checking your fusible links near the starter.

mine did the same thing, I just pulled the bulb out when I had the dash bezel off for some other reason.

I do know its a pain in the arm to get out because there are little lock tabs that you cant get yer fingers on
There are lots of connectors like that, poked up under the dash. You wonder if GM had some workers with long skinny arms, and little bitty hands- but very strong.

thankz

Thank for all the replys. Black tape over the damn thing seems like the easiest way but kinda sloppy I will check under the dash maybe I might get lucky. Taking out the light seems kinda practical as well. thankz again.

Great thread, mine just started doing this DECEMBER 31 2004 AT 8:36 PM-
i know this because i recieved a ticket for going 82 in a 65, darned the luck-

anyway, just wanted to say thanks because i hope to fix mine this week, sometimes it chimes, but always it flicks the light on

THANKS
BW

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
Great thread, mine just started doing this DECEMBER 31 2004 AT 8:36 PM-
i know this because i recieved a ticket for going 82 in a 65, darned the luck-

anyway, just wanted to say thanks because i hope to fix mine this week, sometimes it chimes, but always it flicks the light on

THANKS
BW
That little box will fix all kinds of problems!:)

Thanks guys, mine has been doing this too! VERY ANNOYING! Mine will set off the light and ring for 5 minutes sometimes.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
Thanks guys, mine has been doing this too! VERY ANNOYING! Mine will set off the light and ring for 5 minutes sometimes.

You just had to post that didnt you?
TODAY my car decides it wants to start dinging the entire time im driving, pissed me off, the radio wouldnt even drown it out!

Seems that i need to fix it, and upgrade the speakers in my car now:)

BW

don't hate

Well at least you know how to fix it . You should thank me. the part is 17 years old what do you expect.:rolleyes:

Sorry KC,
Mine rang about 7 of the 15 minutes to work this morning. Luckily I have about 450 watts and 2 bazooka base tubes.

another thing is i usually wait till i have a small list , gmpartsdirect has some high ship=handling rates (might surprise you) but in the end it can still be cheaper than locals , the ship rate goes down per item with every additional item .

if your pressed for time and your just after the one part take the price from gmpartsdirect and go thru checkout and get your shipping , take that price and the part # to your local dealer and see if they can sell it for that . the locals can usually get it much quicker than gmpartsdirect and can sometimes have it overnighted for a fee

Re: don't hate

Originally posted by KENAN_JAMES
Well at least you know how to fix it . You should thank me. the part is 17 years old what do you expect.:rolleyes:

i was being sarcastic:) <----- see the smiley face...

BLACK6PACK- mine was fine today coming home from work, odd and glad it didnt drive me bonkers.

BW