Fastest TTA Thread (2014)

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I wanted to start a thread about the fastest TTA's of 2014.
This year looks very interesting for records to be broken with our cars. Seems like lots of members are dialing in their cars for this season.
Since the race season is starting very soon, I think its a good idea to see what everyone's goals are.

I am certainly going to try catching JD's and turbows6's10.30 passes this season. I plan to have video of in-car and outside to show times.
I take this all in fun and I hope to have some great competition this year.

Can't wait to see what everyone will do this season either! I'm not sure what kind of passes I'll get this Summer, all depends on how the build progresses...guessing a few easy passes for a while. The new motor is going to make a bunch of HP with high 9's as my eventual goal...low 10's shouldn't be a problem. Not going to be able to really turn it up until I get my sub frame connectors and 9" Currie installed though. Will see what the funds permit!

I knew you were up to something..lol
Im gonna hit a test 'n' tune in a few weeks. No bar yet tho...I heard my track is now IHRA, so from what I remember, those guys are a little more easy going. Im gonna try tuning this thing before then and go all out on last pass of the night. Trailer will be on stand-by at home.

I knew you were up to something..lol
Im gonna hit a test 'n' tune in a few weeks. No bar yet tho...I heard my track is now IHRA, so from what I remember, those guys are a little more easy going. Im gonna try tuning this thing before then and go all out on last pass of the night. Trailer will be on stand-by at home.
LOL...yeah most of the new build is in my signature ;) Will start off with the GT6776E for now more then likely...if funds permit I will swap it out for either a billet wheel journal bearing 6768 or 7168. No cage for me either...I'll sneak a few passes in and hopefully we will do a couple track rentals. I'll do a cage when I get the rest ironed out...it has pretty much always been in my plan.

Chromoly and swing outs are in my plans. Do it once and do it right.
The 6768 is a beast. I'll be pushing 28-30psi with it.:sneaky:

Chromoly and swing outs are in my plans. Do it once and do it right.
The 6768 is a beast. I'll be pushing 28-30psi with it.:sneaky:
So I've been told :cool: Don't plan on pushing that much boost though...cam will be in the 220's and I'll be around 9.5:1 compression and on pump gas/alky. My buddy did a full chromoly cage with swing outs certified to 8.50's in his TTA...it is very nicely done, interior color matched and tucked very tight...even has space for the T-Top releases.

Last edited:
I have heard the same thing many times before...Those are old school setups tho. We should be faster without as much back pressure from these billet turbo's. Im only at only 21psi now and she pulls good. I have cometics, so no gasket blowing....just motor.

Not sure how much boost we will run...I'll let Billy Anderson decide when he is done and tunes it. I'll be running XFI and Cometics so will be able to push it pretty good as well. 3 He knows what I want so I feel confident he will get me there. Had a conversation with Mike Licht of Full Throttle recently about the new billet wheel turbos. It's amazing the power they are putting out compared to the 6776 and 70GTQ the fast guys from 5 years ago were using. My 6776 is rated at around 700hp but the 6768 is rated at about 930hp and 7168 at 940hp. Billy would like to see me run the 7168 which would definitely be faster at the track but the 6768 would probably be more responsive/less lag on the street...decision, decisions?

I won't be putting up numbers like you guys, but I'm hoping to dip in to the tens with my stock motor, and a 5858 turbo. Was close last year, and I only went to the track once.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I won't be putting up numbers like you guys, but I'm hoping to dip in to the tens with my stock motor, and a 5858 turbo. Was close last year, and I only went to the track once.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
You can try and run down Sweet6 this season. Your car is doing killer for stock and your 60ft are perfect. You covered me in my 11.34 pass on the stock stuff.

I have a video of my spoolup from 1st gear crawl. I know our combos are different, but I have my converter stalling at 3k at 0psi.
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MQPLr75Zh40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice, looks pretty instant...fix that camera mount!!! :D
Don't they recommend 3600-3800 for the 6768 and 7168 HPQ's ? I was told that my TCS Billet 9/11 3400-3600 should be OK if it stalls on the high side by both Billy Anderson and Mike Licht, if not it may need to be loosened up a little...more so with the 7168.

Ya, I know...lol
I have fixed the view to pan out more and just need to tighten a couple screws.
I bought my turbo off a guy that ran it with a 3k stall and he hated it. I figured since I had a 3200 stall and engine stroked, it would be perfect for the street. I love it. Another goal of mine is to see how hard I can hook on a non prepped surface. Notice how I HOOK on the street in 1st-2nd. That is a blast to feel that much force on the street! I'm never gonna worry about track prep again when I'm done.

If you need Chrome/Moly 4130 tubing for your cage, let me know. I can help you out! Most types of steel, aluminum and alloys.

You can try and run down Sweet6 this season. Your car is doing killer for stock and your 60ft are perfect. You covered me in my 11.34 pass on the stock stuff.
I don't think I'll get close to his MPH. He was running a multi disc lu. Hopefully I can get close to his e.t. though.

I have tuned my new setup in pretty closely. It's on 25#s of boost right now. The weather has been cool here over the last couple weeks, but with 275/50/15 Nitto's the car is virtually uncontrollable in 1st and 2nd on the street. The tires are old though and the 275/50 Nitto isn't exactly a great tire to begin with.

It's hard to say what the combo will do now. I haven't been to the track in a long time.

This year looks very interesting for records to be broken with our cars. Seems like lots of members are dialing in their cars for this season.
Since the race season is starting very soon, I think its a good idea to see what everyone's goals are.

I am certainly going to try catching JD's and turbows6's10.30 passes this season. I plan to have video of in-car and outside to show times.

We should have a Grove day this year .. I will dust the cobwebs off #498 and see if it can hang with the new generation stuff ... I might be behind the 8 ball.. it only ran 10.90 @ 130 ... back in the mid to late 90's :)

Where ya from? There is a TurboTa in Phoenix, Az area that runs 8.30s all day long