Favorite Car Movies??

"California Kid", that was where the local sheriff (Vic Morrow), driving a 1957 or 1958 Plymouth squad car, was always trying to
run people off the road on this real nasty curve. Martin Sheen rolls into town driving a mid 30s rod (Model A???). They show him in the local garage adjusting his suspension (sp?) so he can take that bad curve. Pretty cool movie.

Anyone remember "The Lords of Flatbush", about 1974. Sly Stallone, Perry King, Henry Winkler (pre Fonzie) and a real young
Susan Blakely. They hot wired a 1955 Packard Patrician. I used to watch it when they played it as the late, late movie on ABC in NY when I was about 8 years old (1978), and ever since I always wanted a 1955 Packard.

I am kind of partial to the charger in Blade, something about that car just is appealling.

hey this is it!

mad max......is that a blower under your hood or are you glad to see me?:eek: :D

Corvette summer.....Because i know how it feels to have your car stolen and repainted another color :( Bulitt is a good movie but most people watch just the chase. the charger was bone stock 440 and the mustang was tweaked and it still couldn't keep up.. the charger takes off down the hill and just smokes the stang. By the way anyone see that new show "fastlane", they make mention to bulitt and have a car thats supposed to be the stang from the movie.. I cracked up cause the one guy said " yeah i made this girl watch bulitt one time and she broke up with me"..... that's really funny cause me and my dad have the DVD on stanby so we can show the chase sceen to everyone that comes over.. Also i'd have to say the Vanishing point remake for fox was better than the original. "you're not gonna catch a hemi challenger in the camaro, you need a mopar to catch a mopar"

BTT!
Let's add the Transporter to this list. Borders on a B movie, but still cool. That guy drives the CRAP out of every car he gets in. Awesome BMW.

Been looking for Vanishing Point, never seen it. Looks like I'll have to order it to see it. Is it worth it? Saw a replica Challenger that got me thinking about it recently. Challenger
Same with Gumball Rally.

Any other new entries?

Yep, Vanishing Point is a must-see for car movie buffs.

Pretty interesting characters along the road, too! :)

whats the movie with the kids that race and theres a bad ass in it think a white car possibly a camaro or vette i cant remember but the "good guy" digs up a red car from the ground(literally 6 feet deep) and races the dude with it.....i cant remember any specifics b/c i was soo young when i seen it....anyone have any idea?

anybody ever seen the movie about street racing and gambling ?

its a "b" movie and richard grieco was the main character.

i dont remember the name.

anyone seen it?

nick,

The Wraith was pretty cool, a few interesting cars in it from the 80's. I'd love to be able to trick out my engine to a pulsing, black-light lit up demon motor with electricity shooting around. That was a cool shot. Ever notice that when he races that yellow Trans Am that the blower pulley isn't spinning?

Let's not forget Mad Max! Can't argue with a movie that has one of these in it: Interceptor

"Dazed and Confused"!

"Ya' see that over there?! That's White Lightin'! See the shoes on that thing?! You got pizza cutters on this thing! You need to get some tires man!":D

That movie has to bring some memories back for you folks!

Dazed @ Confused

You better have your wood screws because I'am gonna blow your doors complety off.

Watch the leather man

Burnout

Way back when...

Does anybody remember "The California Kid" with Martin Sheen driving a 32 Ford Coupe, blown with flames, canyon racing in California? I believe he was seeking revenge for the death of his son????

thats "catch me if you can". how about "dirty mary crazy harry" (or vise versa). I also saw parts of this movie with richard grecco in it, he was a street racer and I beleive he had a red nova w/nos and at the end of the movie it burns up. did anyone see it?